Where To Start?

“Via, Veritas, Vita” - Latin phrase meaning, “The Way, the Truth, and the Life.”

Jesus answered, “I am the way the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father accept through Me.”  John 14:6

Commence:  “to begin, start”  Dictionary.com

Sometimes you just need to start!  We won’t always know where are starts will lead, but we can always know, we won’t get anywhere without starting somewhere.  So what should I start on?  How should I start?  Where should I start?  Who should I start with?  When?  And why?  All good questions.  All of them with good specific answers.  Answers we may never know.  However, there is an answer to all of them that can illuminate the central question to everything we do.  That answer is JESUS!  Having trouble knowing what your path is in life?  Start following Jesus.  Don’t know where to start?  Start at the cross.  Don’t know how to start?  Find a quiet place and ask that question on your knees, because that is the start.  Notice how every answer revolves around the who.  The answers to what, when, where, and why all become much more clear when the question of WHO has been answered.  And that answer presses us to respond to the questions of when and why.  Why? because Jesus says, “I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father accept by Me.”  John 14:6  If we’re honest, I think we all want to be with the Father.  Now answering the question to when is simple.  Now!  No one can predict their lives.  The one thing we can all know is that are lives here on earth aren’t going to last forever.  How long they’ll last non of us know.  But there’s life in Jesus.  Everlasting life.  A life of joy and peace.  Why not start here and now, on your knees in front of the cross, worshiping the only One able to save?  It can, it will change your life.  It makes the decisions to all of life’s other questions easier, because it changes our perspective on them from “us,” to “Jesus.”  And I know this is a little corny, but you can’t spell Jesus, with out us.  Maybe it’s because it’s in Jesus that we are all truly taken care of.  Maybe it’s because it’s in Jesus that we’re satisfied.  Maybe it’s because Jesus fulfills all of us.  Come to think of it.  When we start with Jesus, we can all know our destination.  And that feels good.

Daily Journaling Questions:

How did I help someone in kindness today?

What did I learn today?

What about today do I want to remember forever?

Who did I love today?

What am I dreaming of?

What about today do I want to remember forever?

What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thanks for reading,

Jake