The Grace and Power of Service

"It's everybody's duty to give the world a reason to dance." Kid President (AKA Robbie Novak)

And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to death - even death on a cross! Philippians 2:8

Grace: "disposition to or an act or instance of kindness, courtesy, or clemency" Merriam-Webster Dictionary

What happens when we lose our strength? The human ego is a powerful thing. In it we find courage and power in our own strength. However, there is a strength that is far more powerful than our own. It's the strength of servitude. It's the strength given when we submit to a higher power and when we submit ourselves to serving others. It's when our human strength fails that a real strength begins to show its power. You may have heard of him, he's making an impact right now, he's making a difference just by not allowing his weakness to determine his power. Robbie Novak is making people laugh, asking them to dance, and causing us to all think about who we are, who others are, and how we fit together. If you haven't seen his Pep-Talk video on YouTube yet, you need to watch it. You will be affected. When you watch it, realize that the force of his character is found in the breaking of his body. Kid President as he's called, happens to have Brittle Bone Disease. It's exactly what it sounds like. It's a disease that causes one's bones to be brittle and to break easily. In his nine short years of life he's broken 70 bones (probably more by now). But the weakness of his bones doesn't deter him from making a difference. In fact, it's his weakness that makes him strong. And it was the weakness that our all powerful God took upon Himself in becoming human and dying on the cross that empowered Him to not only save us from ourselves, but cause us to worship in humility and awe. It's the weakness that Christ chose to bring upon Himself that empowers us to live eternally. And it wasn't a weakness that was to end. It is a weakness that He asks us to take upon ourselves. It is exemplified in serving others and it is empowered by humility. Christ acted out on the cross the greatest act of service that's ever been accomplished. How are we going to honor that servitude He showed us? How are we going to carry on with that example? We may not have to die for another. We may not have brittle bone disease. But we are all people. That means we all have a weakness. How will we use that weakness to empower others? To empower the grace of God through us here on earth? To empower servitude? It is in serving that real strength is found. And it's service that gives the world a reason to dance. So no matter what it is that we're going to do with our lives. Let's do it to give the world a reason to dance.

Daily Journaling Questions:

How did I help someone in kindness today?

What did I learn today?

What am I thankful for?

Who did I love today?

What am I dreaming of?

What about today do I want to remember forever?

What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thank for reading,

Jake