Jabberwocky

“You can’t see greed in the mirror.”  Andy Stanley

He is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.  Hebrews 7:25

Jabberwocky:  “Meaningless speech or writing”  Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Today is the 31st of Manuary 2013.  No, that wasn’t a typo.  Over the last month I and a few others have been celebrating Manuary.  In it we concentrate on what it means to be a godly man.  What characteristics they have, and what qualities God wants us to live by.  It’s been a great month.  A month to learn, not only what God wants from me and His men, but also where I’m lacking.  I always know I’m on to something when I struggle with the things I write about.  For example, I’ll write about how we need to control our tempers.  What do you think happens next?  I struggle with my temper.  I told my wife that it’s either the devil trying to convince me that I’m not qualified to talk about some things, since I struggle with them myself, or that it’s God humbling me.  She said that she thought it was the latter.  That hurt a little bit, but I think she’s right.  I know she’s right.  Certainly the devil will try to convince anyone who is doing the Lord’s work that they aren’t qualified.  However, whenever we espouse a value of God’s, He will make sure to show us how we can be doing better.  And that’s a good thing, He doesn’t want everything we say to be a bunch of jabberwocky.  Because sin is a part of this world, as leaders for God, we will be hypocritical.  That kinda sucks to hear and say, but God knows that more than you or I.  However, God is going to grow us.  If I’m having a problem with anger one day, that doesn’t disqualify me from saying that people shouldn’t let their anger get out of control.  What it does, is it forces me to take a hard look at my difficulties, the difficulties I can’t see by just looking in the mirror.  Talking about them has a way of bringing them into the light.  Then I have and pray that God helps me out.  And that’s what God really wants.  He wants to help us through and with our difficulties.  He knows we can’t fix our problems on our own.  If we could, the cross would have been in vain.  Most of all, God wants a relationship with us.  That’s why He wants us doing His work in the first place.

Daily Journaling Questions:

1.  How did I help someone in kindness today?

2.  What did I learn today?

3.  What am I thankful for?

4.  Who did I love today?

5.  What am I dreaming of?

6.  What about today do I want to remember forever?

7.  What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thanks for reading,

Jake