Fear

“It is not always possible in this life to do great things, but we can always do small things with great love.”  Mother Teresa

I thank my God every time I remember you.  Philippians 1:3

Heartstring:  “The deepest emotions or affections ”  Merriam-Webster Dictionary

What in the world does fear have to do with Valentines day?  Fear and love go hand in hand.  Can you remember when you liked someone in school?  I don’t know about you, but liking somebody meant that I was pretty much deathly afraid of them.  And it was more like to manifest itself in punching than in hugging.  Fear comes with love because love can be rejected and our hearts can be broken.  Fear comes with love because love exposes our heartstrings.  Love exposes who we are at our deepest levels.  It tells of our motivations and our emotions.  Today, let’s not let fear get in the way of our love.  Today let’s act on our love.  It doesn’t have to be the type of love a couple shares.  It could be the love we have for our co-workers.  The love we have for orphans, both here and abroad.  Or, of course, it could be the love we have for our mates.  Whatever it is, don’t let fear get in the way.  We may not have the ability to do something that will change the world or go viral on youtube.  However, we do have the ability to do like Mother Teresa said and do something small with great love.  Maybe it’s just taking the Apostle Paul’s example and telling someone we thank God for them.  Maybe it’s a donation to a charitable organization.  Or may it’s committing our lives and our love to the One who loves us most.  The One who died for us.  If we do, I guarantee the love we manifest in our lives won't be contained to Valentines Day.

Daily Journaling Questions:

1.  How did I help someone in kindness today?

2.  What did I learn today?

3.  What am I thankful for?

4.  Who did I love today?

5.  What am I dreaming of?

6.  What about today do I want to remember forever?

7.  What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thanks for reading,

Jake