The Miracle in Purpose

My Father said,

“Don’t you worry, don’t you worry, child

See heaven’s got a plan for you

Don’t you worry, don’t you worry now.”

(Excerpt from the song Don’t You Worry Child by the band Swedish House Mafia)

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith; in the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing. - Paul - 1 Timothy 4:7-8

Enlist:  “to participate heartily (as in a cause, drive, or crusade)”  Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Want a miracle in your life?  Be a miracle to life.  “Well how do I do that?”  You might be asking.  I don’t know.  I have no idea what you could do to be a miracle.  But here’s a start.  You don’t have the power to work miracles.  Confused now?  Let me clarify.  You don’t have the power to do anything.  Now you’re thinking that I’m just crazy.  Obviously you’re reading this.  And that’s something in and of itself.  Let me be specific.  You don’t have the power to do anything without your Creator.  The power to work miracles is not in you or I.  It’s not in our dads or our moms, or anyone whom we hold in high regard.  The power to work miracles is in the Lord.  However, He calls us all to enlist in His miraculous work.  God in His wisdom has built into us innate abilities and talents.  However, we are not forced to use them for Him.  In fact, He allows us to use the abilities He’s given us, in an effort to destroy Him.  But He will not be destroyed.  How could He be?  He’s God!  But still, too often we use His talents, on loan to us, as tools for us.  And we miss out on the very thing that could work miracles in our life.  Sure, there are plenty of people who have done amazing works in their lives and the lives of others who could care less about God.  There have been, are, and will be many atheists who do amazing things for humanity, while at the same time hating the very idea of God.  But this isn’t abut what we can do with our lives, but what God can do in our lives.  Want a miracle in your life?  Give your life to the only one capable of working miracles.  Become a slave to Him and His divine purpose for your life.  For some that may mean volunteering at the local food bank in the name of Jesus.  For others it may mean traveling the globe spreading the Gospel.  Without God, there is nothing but cause and effect.  With God their is purpose.  With God there is intervention.  With God their are miracles in wait.  It’s not enough to volunteer at a food bank.  It’s not enough to give a billion dollars to the poor.  It’s not enough to smile at everyone we see.  Those are great acts of charity, but they’re not enough without God.  No act, whether for ourselves or humanity can fulfill our lives.  Charity cannot satisfy our need to help.  No amount of profit can satisfy our desire to earn.  And no amount of belongings will ever satisfy our want of more.  Satisfaction is a miracle, and sadly it’s getting hard to find.  Because it’s nothing we can ever get on our own.  Not completely anyway.  It’s a gift; a miracle from God.  Our lives may not turn out like we planned.  In fact, nobody’s has.  But don’t worry.  Like the song says, “Heaven’s got a plan for you.”  Our lives will be rocked with disappointment and tragedy.  But a purpose for God will steer us through any hardship.  What if we were to die?  Could we say, “Praise the Lord?”  What if when we died the first thing we saw was Jesus saying to us, “Well done, good and faithful servant.  You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much.  Enter into the joy of your master?”  Matthew 25:23  That would be a miracle.  A miracle that is fully attainable through the power of God in our lives.  That’s what the purpose of God in our lives can do.  

Daily Journaling Questions:

How did I help someone in kindness today?

What did I learn today?

What am I thankful for?

Who did I love today?

What am I dreaming of?

What about today do I want to remember forever?

What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thanks for reading,

Jake