05: "Aw you look cute together!"

When people say ‘Aw you look so cute together.’ you usual imagine them as a couple. Well when the words come out of peoples mouths to us we tell them we're not dating...

"Aw you look so cute together." Mrs. Burns gushed. I felt a blush creep up onto my face.

"Actually we're not together..." Kent started. He glanced over at me and I couldn't help, but smile at his cheeky grin.

Kent was like my friend with benefits. I mean we didn't actually do anything like that, but I was waiting for him to make a move. We were really good friends and a little more. The benefits weren't actually things like kissing, but more like teasing each other and things.

"Yeah..." I said looking away from Kent for a second.

Kent's blonde hair made his face look so innocent. His deep blue eyes made it look like you were staring into an ocean. The flakes of green added to the effect. They were memorizing. His smile was lopsided and so cute.

Man! Now I'm gushing...

When I looked back at him he had turned his head to talk to Jake, but I felt his arm close to my waist. I felt like he had wanted to put it there, but decided not to do it. It kind of made me mad.

We both knew we liked each other, but the thing was getting Kent to make the first move. That was the really hard part. The worst part was that his friends were Jake, Craig, Jared, Ian, and Robert.

A.K.A. The king and his followers.

It goes like this: Craig is King/ruler of the school.

Pathetic that our school has this? Yes indeed, but nobody seems to be stopping it.

Whoever his girlfriend is is...

Queen Bitch. The title comes with the attitude.

Next in line:

Right hand man. Jake is Craig's right hand man.

After that come the other friends:

Robert, Kent, Ian and Jared.

Those guys are like the rest of the football team. You know how you have the Quarterback (Craig) and his right hand man (Jake) and then the rest of the football team (Kent, Ian, Jared, and Robert). The only thing is that they all play soccer and not football.

Well back to the worst part about Kent having them as their friends...

Jake is my brother and hates guys who date me. It's like it's suppose to be. I don't like it though. That's one of the reasons why Kent probably hasn't asked me out yet. His friends are mostly jerks except for Robert, him and Jake. Jared's ok, but Ian is a total dirt bag along with Mr. Big shot over here.

"Rae can't date him. She's my girlfriend." My thoughts stopped as I felt Henry give me a hug.

"Is that so?" Kent asked eyeing me. I couldn't help, but laugh. Henry pulled back from our hug and stared at Kent.

"Yes it is so Kent." He said to him. Kent smirked.

"I don't know about that." Kent said walking his fingers up my leg. I felt my cheeks heat up.

"Stop it." I said swatting his fingers away. Kent chuckled and got up from the side of the pool. His hand waited for mine as I grabbed it ad he helped me up. "Thanks." I said brushing off my bottom.

"You're so cute." I looked up to see Kent's lopsided smile.

"What? Why?" I asked feeling a little self-conscious now.

"You didn't do anything." Kent said shaking his head.

"Oh... thanks?" He laughed and swept his bangs out of his eyes.

"Okay kids dinner's ready!" We all turned to see Mr. Moore with a plate of burgers and hotdogs. I felt the breeze of everyone as they passed me.

"I love the way you blush." Kent whispered in my ear as he passed me. My hand shot out and grabbed his as I turned around. Just as it caught, Kent's hand squeezed for a second, but didn't let go. I smiled as we walked to the picnic table that was set up in the grass.

"You know technically we're not kids." Katie said sitting down.

"We're all seniors." Jake said.

"Well that is except for Henry." Craig said ruffling his hair.

"I have a senior girlfriend." Henry said smiling like crazy. Katie and I started to laugh at how cute he was.

"Oh who… Katie?" Mrs. Moore asked.

"No Rae!" Henry said pointing to me. I felt the warmth of Kent's hand on mine and I smiled.

"Maybe when you get older, buddy." I said patting him on the back.

"You promise?" He asked.

"Yeah I promise I'll wait for you." I told him.

"That means no girls until you're older." Mrs. Moore said. I laughed as she winked at me.

"That's true buddy." He nodded his head.

"Ok..." Henry said taking a bite out of his hotdog. I glanced over at the pasta salad and reached for it. I noticed Katie’s smirk and I cocked an eyebrow.

'What's with the holding hands?' She mouthed. I squeezed the had I in mine and the blush crept up again. Katie waggled her eyebrows.

'Shut up!' I mouthed back at her.