17: The Fact That It Happened

"Hey I'm riding in your car!" Our heads snapped around to see Craig jogging towards us.

"You're not going with Liz?" Jake asked. Craig shook his head, not answering. Jake just nodded not pushing it as we hopped into the Jeep.

"Come on." Kent said grabbing my hand and leading me into the vehicle. I smiled at the contact between us as I laid my head against his shoulder in the back seat. Jake got driver and Jared in shotgun.

Next was Katie and Ian in the middle two seats and I watched as Craig's eyes caught mine. I held back my frown as I moved over. He cautiously climbed in and sat next to me.

"Alright, home it is." Jared said as Jake put the Jeep into reverse and backed out of our parking space in the hotel parking lot.

"It's good we picked yesterday to go to the beach instead of today. It's freezing today." Katie commented.

As the ride home continued the four in the front were engaged in a long conversation and Kent, Craig and I kept quiet in the backseat. Every once in awhile Kent would say something and we'd talk for a few minutes, but Craig didn't say a word until we got out of the Jeep, finally back at home.

"You've been quiet." Jake stated, looking at Craig. I glanced up to try and hear his reply, but he just shrugged.

"I guess so."

"Did you tell Kent?" Katie's voice bellowed in my ear. I whipped around and 'shushed' her. Her eyes went wide. "You didn't?"

"Tell me what?" Kent asked, wrapping his arms around my waist and setting his chin on my shoulder.

"Oh nothing." I replied my body going stiff hoping he'd buy my lie.

"Alright, well, I've gotta go to work. See ya later?" I looked up and nodded, pressing my lips to his for a kiss good-bye. I then watched him get into his truck and drive off.

My heart would beat faster every time Kent kissed me. I felt like one of those girls in those cliché books or movies where they got their little prince. Kent really wasn't my prince, but he felt like it in a way.

"You've got to tell him sometime." Katie warned me, snapping my thoughts away. I looked down at my feet.

"I know I do, but how? I can't just tell him I randomly kissed Craig." Katie bit her lip, in thought.

"True, but Craig kissed you remember." I nodded.

"Yeah, but they're friends. Wouldn't that start like a fight?" Katie shrugged.

"Kent's got a right to know, but Craig said it was just an accident right?"

"Yeah... he did." My eyes wandered over to Jake and Craig who were talking, walking towards the front door.

"Well either way. let me know what you do." I half-smiled and waved good-bye as Katie got into her car and drove off following the direction Jared and Ian had took minutes ago.

I sighed and started towards the house, carrying my bag full of clothes and things. Going into my room I shut my door and stayed there. I didn't want to go near Craig today. It was awkward and I felt like I should think over if I should tell Kent or not...

_______________________________________________________________________________

Very short, again sorry. I really appriciate everyone reading, but I would love it even more if you guys could vote so..... Maybe, if you'd like, I know it'd make me the happiest person ever! You guys could vote and comment? Maybe even fan? :O Maybe not that far, but the other two?

Thanks for reading though and I hope you enjoyed it. :)