03: Opposite Of What I Want

I've actually found inspiration for a few chapters and things for this story. Funny thing was, it was from my brother's bestfriend. xD He's like my older brother, nothing like this story with Rae and Craig etc. I mean like little things Craig may say or other characters may do. Idk, maybe the theme of the story made me add things that he did, but hey! It's inspiration. I'm going to run with it!

_____________________________________________________

I shifted under the sheets on my bed. The sunlight felt so nice coming from my open window. Too bad the bird chirping was ruining it! I rolled over trying to block out its tweets.

Tweet, Tweet, Tweet.

"Stupid bird." I mumbled throwing the sheets off of me and onto the floor. I pulled the hair tie from my hair letting my curls fall around my neck. I trudged across the hall towards the bathroom which was being...

Occupied!

"Oh come on!" I whined. I hit the door with my fist.

"Rae, I'm taking a shower!" Jake's voice rang through the door. I could faintly hear water pouring in the shower.

"Stupid bird and Jake." I muttered as I walked downstairs. Once in the kitchen I pulled out the milk in the fridge and then a box of honey nut cheerios from the cabinet. I hated all the other cereals. This was the only kind I could actually eat. Once I got the box out I opened it up and poured the cereal out.

Too bad there wasn't ANY cereal! I groaned loudly and slammed the box onto the counter.

"Stupid bird, Jake and cereal!" I called throughout the house.

"Hey Rae you’re looking Spicy this morning." I turned around to see Craig walk in. It would've been fine if he just walked in, but no. He grabbed my bowl, the milk and poured a bowl of Jake's Lucky Charms. I grimaced as he just sat there eating. What I hadn't noticed was he was only in his boxers!

"Can you put some clothes on and what’s with Spicy?" I questioned.

"No thank-you. I think you like my body why should I hide it? Spicy is an awesome word. It’s cool isn’t it?" He waggled his eyebrows as, ‘Spicy.’ left his lips. I rolled my eyes and started out of the kitchen.

"Love you Rae!" He called to me.

"Shut up Craig!" I yelled back.

Today was so NOT my day.

I silently sat at the edge of the pool. My feet dangled into the water causing the motionless pool to have ripples spread across. The water moved as if it had been bumped. Fast at first, but then slowly it calmed back to normal.

I sighed, feeling the sun on my face and arms. I opened my eyes when I felt someone sit next to me. I turned to see my mom putting her legs into the pool along with mine.

"Hi." She said softly.

"Hi." I said back. Neither of us really wanted to break the silence.

There we sat in silence until a bird chimed through the trees like a wind chime on a day with the slightest breeze. The bird signaled us that it was ok to talk.

It was probably the same bird that woke me up. Of course though, it was quiet now. I was already up.

"Tonight we're going to the Moore's for a BBQ." My mom said dipping her toe softly in the water then pulling it out, letting single droplet make a ripple go through the pool.

"Does this mean I have to go?" I asked. My mom smiled.

"Yes you're coming. I heard though that the Gregory’s were going and also the Burn's." I nodded, not to my mom, but to myself.

"Alright." I sighed feeling the sun's warmth again.

"You know Rae; you're as pretty as the sun." My mom said pulling back a strand of hair and tucking it behind my ear. I smiled.

"Mom, that doesn't even make sense." I laughed. She cracked a smile.

"I know, but it seemed right when I named you." She said.

"Sure it did."

"You know if you were a boy I would've named you Zeke." I cocked an eyebrow.

"Why?" I asked.

"It's just as not a very common name. Just like Rae." I laughed.

"Funny. Maybe you should've named Jake, Van." My mom had a questionable look on her face. "What? Vans are ugly and so is he." I said and my mom laughed.

"Maybe so, but he's the one with the girlfriend." She whispered. I glared at her, but she had already started back towards the house.

Mom: 1. Rae: 0.

"Touché mom, touché."

"Rae!" I groaned and rolled off of my bed and onto the floor.

"I'm doing homework!" I yelled back.

"Well hurry up and finish. Since dad hasn't bought you a car yet you need mine to get to the party." Jake said opening the door to my room.

"Then leave me here." I said as if it were that simple.

"Mom won't let me leave you." He said leaning against the door.

"So who's this girl?" I asked. Jake shrugged.

"Get ready." He ordered. I rolled my eyes and got up.

"I think I look fine." I said looking down at my clothes. I was wearing a PINK sweatshirt and a pair of ripped jeans. Jake just rolled his eyes back at me.

"Whatever… let's just go." I shrugged to myself and followed him down the stairs.

"So who's this girl?" I asked again.

Jake avoided the question with his reply of, "So you have a lot of homework?"

"Jake, shut up and answer me." I said as I slammed the car door shut.

"Hey! Not my baby." He whined, rubbing his door.

"Who?" I pressured.

"It's just a girl. I mean she's only a fling." He said as if she were nothing. That's what my brother did. He dated and then dumped them. If a girl was mentioned it was serious. Obviously my mom overheard him. That's going to suck when he explains to mom that she was only a 'fling'.

"Ok, whatever." I said rolling my eyes and looking out the window as he drove off towards the Moore's house.