09: A First Date

"Can I ask where we're going?" I asked Kent as he drove to our destination.

"Yeah sure."

"Where are we going?" I asked him smiling.

"Sorry can't tell you." He said smiling back. I frowned.

"Hey! You said I could ask you." I pouted.

"I said you could ask. I never said I would answer."

Darn. He had a point.

"Whatever." I mumbled looking out the window and crossing my arms.

When we started into downtown I frowned. I hoped this place wasn't really fancy. I wasn't dressed for it. I then stole a glance at Kent. He was casual so I think I was fine...

I hoped.

"Well here we are." Kent grinned as he pulled into the parking lot. My gaze shot over to the dashboard and in front of us I could see the restaurant.

"Kent is this place new?" I asked unbuckling my seat belt.

"Yupp." He said smiling. "Opened last weekend. I heard they have really good food here."

"Well good because I'm starved." I said as I hopped out of the truck.

"So as our first date I think we should talk about things people talk about on first dates." I said wrapping my fork with spaghetti.

"Alright, but I must warn you. I know a ton of things about you." Kent said putting a piece of bread into his mouth.

"Yeah like what?" I asked doing the same with my spaghetti.

Kent chewed his bread then swallowed before answering, "Like your favorite color is Orange." I snorted.

"So does Craig."

"Well does Craig know that you love white tigers and wolves? You love watching sunsets and have always wanted a German Shepard?" Kent asked. My eyes went wide.

"How do you know that I've always wanted a German Shepard?" I asked shocked.

"You told me once in sixth grade when we were working on a project together." I frowned.

"Well I know a few things that other people don't know about you." I said twirling my fork again.

"Shoot." Kent said smirking.

"You love the color green."

"Almost every who knows me knows that."

"I wasn't done!" I defended. Kent put his hands up in retreat. "Thank-you. Now you also have always wanted a German Shepard and were crushed when your dad brought home a Collie for your 13th birthday." Kent frowned.

"I hate that dog." I laughed.

"I know you do. You also hate going to Zoos because of the last time you went you got pooped on by a bird overhead and you also love to watch One Tree Hill when nobody is around." I said smirking. Kent frowned.

"How the hell did you find out I watch One Tree Hill?" He asked his voice lowering so nobody around us would hear.

"When I came over one day you quickly switched the channel when I pretended to walk in, but actually I was already standing there for a few minutes."

"Well now that's just stalker-ish." Kent said taking a sip of his soda.

"And so is knowing that I love sunsets." I said narrowing my eyes. Kent chuckled.

"Touché."

It was getting cold when we left the restaurant. I shivered and Kent noticed so when he opened the truck door he handed me his jacket.

"Here." He said. I smiled.

"Thanks." I told him as I slid my arms through the sleeves and felt the warmth.

"No problem. Next time you better bring your own jacket." He said winking.

"I know what can make me warm." I said smirking devilishly. Kent cocked and eyebrow as he parked his truck in my driveway and turned it off.

"Can I ask what that is?" Kent breathed as my face inched closer to his.

"I can show you." I whispered my lips millimeters from his.

"I would like that." He said his eyes staring from mine to my lips.

"Alright." I bit my lip and moved a few centimeters closer and just as Kent inched forward I flipped around so I was sitting in his lap with my back pressed against his chest. "There!" I said smiling as I wrapped his arms around my body.

"Oh..." Kent groaned.

"Oh you little dirty boy." I scolded him as I looked up at him.

"I am aren't I?" He asked as his lips drew mine in for a few seconds.

"Very." I breathed when we parted. Just then another car pulled into the driveway and my eyebrow rose.

"Who is that?" Kent asked me. I shrugged.

"Don't know." I answered sitting up from his lap and staring out the window. When the car lights turned off and the black car blended in with the darkness of the night I opened the truck's door.

As I opened mine the other car opened there's and out came...

"Jake?" I asked as Jake's face turned to look at me.

"Heeyy Ra-y!" He slurred.

"Drunk. Of course." I muttered. "Kent can you help me?" I asked as Jake hugged me.

"I m-izzed you!" His breath smelled badly of alcohol.

"Sure." Kent said wrapping Jake's arm around his shoulders so he could walk with Jake.

"Okay well, I got Jake in his room, but I have one question." Kent said coming out to me outside as I was inspecting the car.

"What?" I asked.

"Whose car is this?" He asked staring at the car.

"I have no clue." I answered honestly. This definitely wasn't Jake's car. I sighed. "I'll have to ask Jake tomorrow." I said climbing out of the car and closing the door behind me.

"I've got to get going. Soccer practice tomorrow morning." I smirked.

"You'll probably be the only one without a hangover at practice." I said.

"Most likely the only senior at practice." He said as he leaned down and caught my lips. "See you tomorrow?" I nodded.

"Yupp." With that I watched Kent get in his truck and drive away. Now, I was going to have to find out whose car this was. "Man am I going to have fun tomorrow." I said to myself.