18: A Scream, A Yell, And A Punch

"Rae." Kent brushed his lips gently over my own and it felt really good. I wanted to just kiss him all over, but no PDA in the school halls even though that didn't stop others...

"Hey, can we talk? I've got to tell you something." I said taking in a deep breath. I had to tell him. The guilt of kissing Craig was taking me over. It wasn't right and he had aright to know.

"Yeah, what's up?" Kent asked, leaning against a locker.

"Okay, well... This weekend when we were at the beach." I started. Kent nodded.

"Go on." He said giving me a little nudge.

"Well I-" Before I could totally tell him what happened there was a yell.

"You little bitch!" My head snapped to the voice of Liz. One bad thing about our school was the students were a bunch a gossipers. When rumors went around everyone would know by the time someone would even get to walk in the school doors. A crowd could form in seconds and in this case it did.

I tried to push through so I could get a better look of who Liz was yelling at, but just as I pushed through to the point where I could see, Liz's hand smacked Katie's cheek.

"What the hell?!" Katie hissed. With in a second her hand collided with Liz's face. A few gasped left the mouths of people watching as Liz lunged towards Katie again. I couldn't let this go on and without thinking I pushed through.

Bad idea...

A fist collided with my nose and pain shot through me sending my body to the cold tile floor of the hallway. More gasps let the crowd. My vision was blurred as I tried to get up. I lost my balance, luckily being caught by someone.

"Oh my God, Rae." I couldn't make out who it was as I looked at my hand. Red blood covered it, dripping from my nose and onto the floor and my shirt.

"Bitch." I hissed, looking at the culprit. Liz scowled. I spit the copper taste onto the floor before losing my balance again, this time not being able to be caught.

"Shit." Someone muttered as I was pulled up from the floor.

"Can someone help me get her to the nurse?" Kent's voice rang through my now aching head.

"I'll help you." Some guy answered and I was being lead, to what looked like down the hall, to the nurse's office.

"You skank! That was Rae!" Katie's voice hissed.

"Who cares? She'll get over it. Besides, it was her fault for getting in the way." I knew exactly who's voice that was as I was being walked down the hallway.

"It still hurts." I muttered, touching my bandaged nose, softly. Kent groaned and pulled my hand away.

"Will you stop it? It's going to hurt." I frowned. It wasn't broken, but it was pretty badly bruised and the bleeding took forever to stop.

"I know, but it just sucks." I told him, pouting. Kent shook his head. He had left school with me to take me home until lunch was over.

"You know it's almost 11." I told him, grabbing the remote on the table next to me.

"So? You trying to get rid of me?" He teased.

"Maybe." I played along.

"Ugh, fine. Then I'll go." He said, pouting. I started to laugh at his cute face and I pulled him back down to me, but our heads crashed together instead.

"Ow!" I whined as I rubbed my nose and Kent rubbed his forehead.

"Nice move you two." I looked up at the voice and saw Craig leaning against the staircase.

"Oh shut up." I threatened. It wasn't supposed to be like that. It was supposed to be romantic, but it didn't work out how I had planned.

"Whatever, hey Kent Jared's leaving so you might want to get going."

Kent nodded, kissing my cheek and whispering in my ear, "Next time warn me before you do that." He pecked my cheek again before grabbing his bag off of the table and walking towards the door.

"Bye!" I called. As soon as the door closed I grimaced at Craig. "What're you doing here?"

"Geez someone's moody." I frowned.

"Well I think you would be too if your nose was smashed today." Craig's smirk dropped.

"I'm sorry." I froze and my left eyebrow rose.

"Why? Liz did it to me."

"Yeah, well, she's my girlfriend so I feel like I was supposed to control her." He explained.

"Oh it's fine. You don't have to control her or apologize for her." Craig rolled his eyes. "But thank you." His eyes locked on mine for a second before he smiled and turned to walk out of the house.

Was it just me or did Craig just apologize for something he didn't do?

_______________________________________________________________________________

When I had originally wrote this my computer shut down or logged me off whatever, it messed up and I didn't save it in time so I had to totally redo the chapter because of it so it made it shorter because I was past my deadline and had to get something out.