08: Never Say That Again

"So are we still on for tonight?" Kent asked as he laced our fingers together.

"Of course." I said closing my locker and smiling.

"Good." Kent smiled as he leaned in and quickly pressed his lips against mine.

"Hey are you going?!" Liz's voice broke through our sweet moment and I pulled away frowning.

"Am I going where?" I asked her.

"To Craig's party?" She asked me. I shook my head.

"When is it?" Kent asked.

"Tonight." Craig said coming from absolutely nowhere.

"Too bad we're not going." I said feeling Kent's arm snake around my waist.

"Why the hell not?" Craig asked glaring at me.

"We have a date." Kent said pecking my lips once again.

"Wow Kent. You actually are dipping down to her level?" Craig asked snickering at my scowl.

"Oh you're just jealous that your not dating anyone." I said sticking out my tongue like an immature child. Craig rolled is eyes.

"Whatever." He muttered his eyes trailing up Liz's body.

I swear she was trying to get him to eat her like she was a piece of meat. Her outfit was for a summer day. I mean come on. It was cold outside! It's September for crying out loud!

"So will you be going?" Craig asked. Liz's face instantly went red.

"Y-yeah. Of course." She stuttered.

"Liz right?" He asked taking a step closer and leaning against a locker.

"Y-yeah." Liz answered.

"Oh my God. For crying out loud Craig! She's been my best friend since you and Jake have been friends. You saw her like two weekends ago!" Craig didn't even listen to a word I said. He was too busy making Liz almost faint.

"Don't worry about him." Kent said pulling me around so I was facing him.

"He's so annoying. How can you be friends with him?" I asked glaring at Craig's back.

"He's my friend ok. Let's just leave it at that." I frowned.

"You want to go to the party don't you?" I asked him.

"No."

Lie.

I glared daggers at Kent.

"Alright I do, but not as badly as I want to go on this date with you."

"Good cover-up." I said standing on my tiptoes to reach Kent's lips.

"They were true." Kent said frowning.

"Sure they were." I said rolling my eyes.

"Alright you two lovebirds need to stop making out because I need Rae so I can finish my homework." Katie said pulling on my arm.

"I'll see you later?" Kent nodded.

"Remember 6:30." He said smiling. I smiled back.

"Don't worry." I called over the crowds of people Katie was pulling me through. Finally when we made it to her car and got in I sighed.

"Why am I here?" I asked her.

"I wanted to make sure you look good for Kent." She said smiling. I frowned.

"I can dress myself. Come on Katie." I said frowning as we made our way to my house.

"Oh I know that." She said keeping her eyes on the road.

"Then why are you coming over?" I asked.

"To talk to your hot ass brother." She said winking at me.

"Ew! Gag! Remember you have a boyfriend." I said making fake gagging noises. Katie hit my shoulder.

"He's a hottie with a body!" She said smiling to herself. "A cutie with a bootie… Oh Dale and I are over." She winked at me again.

"You’re disgusting!" I yelled. “Whoa wait up! Brad and you are over then not even a week later, you have a new one and again you’re over fast. Wow.”

"Ha-ha. I know." She said pulling into my driveway.

"So are you going to the party tonight?" I asked her as I pulled out a few outfits.

"What party?" Katie asked me.

"Craig's party you idiot. Hey should I go casual or classy?" I asked holding up too different tops.

"I heard about it, but decided not to go. Definitely go with classy, but not too formal." She said laying on my bed.

"You’re lying aren't you?" I asked.

"No classy is fine, but you don't want to over do it or under do it." She said sitting up. I crossed my arms over my chest, irritated. "What?" She asked confused.

"I meant you're lying about not going to Craig's party aren't you?" A small smile formed on her lips.

"Maybe." She said. I huffed and threw a pair of shoes at her.

"Ouch!" She whined rubbing her arm. "Now I won't be able to move this arm while I'm wildly dancing." She said frowning.

"Oh shut up." I muttered sliding on my sundress.

"Oh I like that one!" Katie said while looking out the window.

"Good because it's almost 6:30." I said rushing into the bathroom to fix my make-up.

"Correction. It is 6:30." I cursed as I quickly reapplied make-up without smudging it and then I ran towards my closet to grab a pair of flats. By the time I made it downstairs Kent and Jake were already in a conversation.

"There she is." Katie said smiling as she sat crossed legged on the chair across from the two guys. Both heads snapped in my direction and Kent smiled.

"Are you ready to go?" I asked him. He pushed himself off of the couch and nodded.

"You look very nice." He said before pecking my lips.

"Thank-you." I said taking in his appearance which was a pair of dark blue jeans and a nice button-up shirt with the sleeves rolled up to the elbow. "You don't look to bad yourself." I said lacing our fingers together as we walked out the front door.

"Well I guess I had to look good for my girlfriend." He said rolling his eyes in a joking manner.

"Damn right you do." He let out a few chuckles as we drove off.