25: Happy New Years To Me

“Let’s get that party girl out here.” James cheered, his drunken side taking over. I laughed as he smiled at me crookedly. He was a funny drunk, really. He was one of those harmless, nice drunks.

“I’m good.” I told him, taking a sip from my soda. Yeah, I’m a downer that doesn’t drink even on New Year’s Eve. Sorry, but that’s me.

James pouted, but ended up leaving me for a hot guy that walked by us. I didn’t know whose house we were actually at, but it was a fun party that was going on; mostly with kids from our school. I had seen a few guys and girls that had graduated last year, but had friends that were a year younger so they came to crash a high school party. Losers, right?

“Rae Ann!” I groaned. What was up with people and using my middle name lately?

“What?” I whined, looking up to see Katie standing over me, frowning.

“Why aren’t you dancing? Last party we couldn’t get you to stop dancing!” She exclaimed, almost spilling her glass of whatever she was drinking as she threw her arms up in her exclamation.

“Not really in the mood.” I told her, looking down to see the sparkling heart that lay against my chest.

“Oh, come on!” I couldn’t even get a chance to object for she dropped her drink on the nearest table and grabbed my hand, dragging me to where everyone was dancing.

Last party I was trying my hardest to forget about Craig who made a guest appearance and ‘accidentally’ spilled his drink on me. I was so pissed off, but I didn’t want to explode in front of everyone so Liz had suggested that I go and dance with her. Surprisingly it actually worked. I had forgotten about the whole drink spilling moment and was having fun dancing with all of my friends.

Just as Katie had let go of my wrist Last Friday Night by Katy Perry blasted through the speakers. The crowd of teens dancing actually cheered. I laughed as I noticed James dancing against the guy he had ran off and followed.

“Come on, loosen up Rae!” Katie screamed over the music. I groaned. She wasn’t going to just give up, was she?

She yanked on my hand, hard, and then continued dancing. I bit my lip. It was New Year’s Eve and this was a party. I mean I hadn’t even seen Craig. I shouldn’t be worrying, about him catching me wearing his necklace, right? Even if he did come in I’m sure he wouldn’t see me in the mix of teens dancing in the house.

The chorus of the song came on and the dancing literally got faster. I had never seen so many highschoolers dancing at one time, not even at prom. It was crazy! Who would’ve thought that the whole school would show up for one party?

Whose house was this again?

Everyone started singing along, yelling T.G.I.F. along with the song. I laughed so hard. It wasn’t even Friday night! I suddenly felt someone press against me and when I turned I saw Ian wink. I laughed, rolling my eyes as he sort of grinded against me.

“You’re an idiot!” I yelled to him over the music. He only shrugged.

“Who cares? It’s a party!” He was right. I was standing here, having no fun when this party was going on like there was no tomorrow. All because I thought that Craig would catch me wearing some silly necklace… Okay, it wasn’t silly, it was beautiful, but it was just one necklace! Who gave a shit if I was wearing it? It matched my earrings and James wanted me to wear it, not Craig.

The chorus came around again and this time I started moving my hips along with Ian’s, who was still behind me, smirking. I pushed him back a little bit and yelled along with the rest of the crowd.