30: What Are We?

• Dedicated to Spany14

I felt the sun’s rays beat down on my face. It actually felt nice, but the light was keeping me from sleeping. Groaning, I rolled over and onto my stomach so that the sun was on my back. I cuddled into wherever I had fallen asleep and smiled. Whatever it was, it was warm, and surprisingly comfortable.

After a few minutes of silence I realized I wasn’t going to be falling back asleep so I opened my eye. I was about to scream, not knowing who the hell I was laying on until,

“You snore, very loudly.” My eyebrows scrunched together as I looked Craig over.

His eyelids were open slightly letting me be able to see the blue gems that laid underneath them. He squinted to look at me. His hair was messed up, sexily, making me stifle a laugh. That’s when I remembered what he said.

“Hey! I do NOT snore!” I whined, pushing on his chest. Let me just say, it was as firm as ever!

“Yes you do, why are you getting up?” He questioned, his arms tightening around my waist. I tried to push myself up and off of him, but he was too strong for me and therefore I was stuck.

“Everyone’s going to be home soon, it’s twelve-thirty in the afternoon.” I explained, trying once again to push myself up.

“Fine, but you can only get up if you give me a kiss first.” His signature smirk crossed his features and I frowned.

“You’re lucky I love kissing you.” I mumbled, leaning forward and pressing our lips together.

It felt weird, to be openly kissing Craig. All of our other kisses had been unexpected or just plain out random. This one didn’t hold the same excitement as the others with the thought of being caught, but when Craig rolled over, him now on top, I took it back. The butterflies multiplied as the kiss intensified.

The adrenaline ran through my veins as I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling myself up and against his warm body. I know how everyone says that they just fit together perfectly, like it was meant to be. I know I didn’t think it was true, but the way my curves fit against his sculpted perfection, it was almost unbelievable!

I pulled away slightly to catch my breath as Craig turned now to my jaw, trailing slowly towards my collarbone.

“Craig, ca- can I ask you something?” I breathed, lolling my head back so Craig could get a better angle.

“What?” He mumbled against my skin as he continued to place feathery kisses.

“What are we?” I managed to get out.

That was when Craig stopped. I don’t think it occurred to him like it hadn’t to me until now. His eyebrows furrowed as he looked down at me, trying to think. I mean we had basically told each other how we couldn’t keep not doing this. It was making every cell in our bodies crazy!

“I’m not sure.” Craig murmured, leaning back so that he wasn’t over me anymore. I decided to push myself up so I could think properly.

“I mean if you think about it, what we did people don’t do until they’re already in a relationship.”

“You’re right.” Crag agreed, looking over at me. “I guess that only gives us one option.” His eyes lit up as he leaned forward, gently pulling my chin towards him. “Rae Daniels, will you go out with me?”

My surroundings went totally blank as I thought about this. Craig and I dating…? It wasn’t something I would’ve thought of a few months earlier, but the answer was clear even before the question left his lips.

“Yes.” I told him, smiling like crazy.

You would’ve thought he had proposed the way he brought me in and kissed me like nothing mattered. It actually didn’t to us! That was until…