36: Will You?

• Dedicated to GiddyGirlXx

“How’s she doing?” I shrugged, slamming my locker door.

“She’s been crying since she came over the other night.” Kent frowned, biting his lips as we started to walk down the hallway of the school.

“Did you get much out of her?” He questioned, slipping his hands into the pockets of his jeans as we walked.

Kent had been one of those who stopped liking Liz when she turned on us. I think it was more when she punched me the one day and didn’t regret it, but I slowly eased him in on information about the other night and like me, he felt bad.

“Not really other than her parents divorced and like you hear from psychologists, when something happens like that the person often acts out because they feel they caused it. Liz felt that she broke them apart so by acting out, not coming home and missing their fights that they’d start thinking about her and end up getting back together.” I stopped where I was in the hallway, my sneakers making a squeak as I did so.

“Is she at school today?” I noticed Kent pull out his phone as he asked this, smiling at a text on the screen.

I shook my head while answering, “No. We just got her back to now her mom’s house last night. My parents talked with hers as I sat with her and tried to get her mind off of things for a bit.”

“Gotcha. Well, pretty boy has been eyeing you so I’ll let you two have some alone time while I go to lunch.” I raised an eyebrow at his words.

“Oh really, not some hot chick you want to go see?” I questioned, leaning in a bit to try and read the text he was writing. All I caught sight of was the girl’s first name, Cassie.

“She doesn’t go- I mean it’s nobody.” He stuttered, changing his words and hurrying away from me, guarding his phone in between his hands protectively as if someone else was trying to read it. This made me laugh. It was nice to see him not still thinking about me. I just wanted to meet this girl, and if she didn’t go here…

Wait Cassie? Why did that name sound familiar?

My thought of Kent and this new girl along with Liz were instantly out of my mind when I felt two big hands cover my eyes.

“Guess who.” A husky voice asked as hot air blew over my ears making me shiver.

“Hmmm… I don’t know, who?” I wondered, leaning back against the broad shoulders hunk behind me. His warmth instantly feeling good against my goosebumped arms and legs.

“Well, I’ll give you some hints.” I knew that we both knew it was Craig by the way his hands felt and how his voice sounded, but we just kept going along for the fun of it.

“Okay, let’s hear them.”

He pulled my body closer to his when he started to speak, “Let’s start with how good looking I am. I’ve got great hair, amazing eyes, a rocking bod, a blinding smile, shall I go on?” He bent forward to nibble on my ear a bit making me giggle from the tingly sensation I was receiving from it.

“I’d like to hear about his girlfriend.” A deep chuckle made my body shake along with his as he pulled his hands off of my eyes and turned me around to face him.

“She’s alright.” My jaw dropped at his comment and I hit his chest. He feigned hurt even though I know I probably didn’t even cause one ounce of pain to him.

I decided to tease a bit as well. If he wanted to play, so did I. “I’ve heard she’s, hmmm, what’s the word?” I paused, trailing my finger down his chest. Leaning into his ear as I just had done to him I whispered, “Oh yeah, spicy.” I blew my hot breath across his face, taking a quick nibble on his chin before pulling away.