11: Homely

"I don't really care if she excepts me, which I knew she never did, but why are you still friends with her?" James asked as he at our lunch table. I glanced over my shoulder at Liz's new table. Her and her 'friends' were laughing up a storm. When she caught my eye she looked away and kept talking with them.

"I don't know." I replied. "I feel like she'll just get over this faze." Katie frowned.

"Seriously Rae? Look at her. She's turned into a total bitch!" Just then Kent sat down next to me and scowled.

"Are you calling Rae a bitch?" He asked angrily.

"No." I said petting his arm to try and calm him down.

"She was calling Liz a bitch." James said glaring at the table behind us. Kent looked over his shoulder and then nodded.

"You guys got that right." Kent muttered as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

I smacked his arm away from me saying, "She's still my friend you jerk." Kent frowned.

"Rae. Come on. I didn't mean it like that. Plus, you know that dating Craig makes her one." I frowned.

"What's up with you guys saying that all of Craig's girlfriends are bitches or sluts?" I asked angrily.

"They are." James said as he bit into his burger.

"Yeah they are." Katie agreed. I looked back at Kent.

"Sorry Rae. I know he's my friend, but for a guy who doesn't do girlfriends she's a slut that's being used."

"He's your friend though. I'm not a slut for dating you." I pointed out.

"Maybe you are." James joked. I kicked him under the table.

"Ouch!" He cried grabbing his shine.

"RBA!" Katie called out loud. Kent raised an eyebrow.

"Don't listen to them." I mumbled.

"Look Rae, you're not a slut for dating me because well, I'm not a man-whore."

"Still I don't like how you guys all call him a man-whore." I said looking towards Liz's table as Craig came up to her and she squealed.

"If I didn't know any better I'd think that you were defending Craig."

"That's just what Jake thought."

"I am so excited!" Liz squealed as she came up behind me and hugged me, tightly.

"I an't breeth.

" I managed. Liz let go and smiled.

"Sorry hun, but I can't wait for tonight."

"What's tonight?" I asked, totally confused.

"Our double date!"

"Huh?"

"Oh whoops! Kent must've not told you yet. Anyways, Kent and Craig came up with this whole idea about us going out tonight on a double date." I urged a smile onto my face. Fun...

"Cool."

"I know and we're going to that carnival that's set up in town. It's supposed to be here only today and tomorrow so Craig said we should go there."

"Awesome." I replied.

"I know right! Well I'll see you tonight hun." She brought her lips an inch before my cheeks and air-kissed both of them. I frowned as she walked away.

"What was that?" Katie asked as she walked up besides me.

"I have no clue." I muttered, shocked.

"Well she just got way weirder. I mean did you see that kiss thingy she did?"

"See it? She did it to me!" Katie snickered. "Oh shut up! I guess I'mnow going on a date with my boyfriend, my best friend who's changing entirely and my brother's best friend who I don't even like."

"Good luck." Katie replied giving my a sailor salute and smirking. I punched her shoulder playfully and rolled my eyes.

"C'mon."

I looked out my room mirror as I heard a car pull into the driveway. Sureenough Kent's truck was parked in our driveway. I smiled to myself as I jumped off of my bed and walked out my bedroom door towards the stairs.

When the doorbell rang I hit the bottom step of the stairs which was following by a, 'Get the door!' from Jake. I laughed as I opened the door to reveal Kent in a pair of jeans and a hoodie.

"Why hello there. I was looking formy girlfriend. Do you know where she lives?" He asked with a smirk playing on his lips. "She's not very pretty."

"Nope… sorry." I said closing the door. Just when it was about closed Kent's hand flung between it so that it didn't close all the way. I could hear him chuckling as I opened it back up.

"I was joking, babe." He said pecking my lips.

"Hmm well in that case have you seen my boyfriend? He's pretty homely if you ask me." Kent raised an eyebrow.

"Homely?"

"What?" I asked, confused. "Have you never heard homely before?" Kent burst out laughing.

"No way!"

"Well if you needed to know what it means it means ugly!" I said walking out onto the porch and closing the front door.

"Well in that case I'm glad I'm not him." I hip-checked him as I walked towards his truck.

"You're an ass." I muttered.

"Aw well I'm your ass." He said wrapped his arms around me.

"Well then I guess that's a good thing." Kent smiled.

"I guess it is."

"So how come you didn't tell me at lunch about this double date thing?" I asked.

"Oh well, Liz wasn't really suppose to know about it, but she overheard." I rolled my eyes as I got into the truck.

"I thought you didn't like Liz." I stated.

"I never said that." He defended.

"Well calling her a bitch sounded like it."

"I was just stating a fact."

"You're an idiot."

Kent's smile reappeared as he replied with, "I'm your idiot."