16: Just One Kiss

I had finally agreed to go in the pool after a little convincing on Kent and Katie's part, but once I got in we were in until the pool closed. We were like little kids again messing around and playing games like Marco Polo and Chicken Foot. It was really fun until the hotel pool janitor guy came and told us they had to close it for the night.

"Ugh I'm tired." Katie whined as she opened our room door and walked in. I let it close behind her before turning and looking up at Kent.

"You know you're so cute when you have your hair curled." I looked down at the ringlets around my shoulders and frowned. I hated my hair when it was naturally curled.

"Stop lying." I said pushing his shoulder.

He laughed, but replied, "I'm serious." With that his lips pressed down onto mine and I felt my heart accelerate. My hands found his chest and ran their way up and around his neck. Meanwhile his hands found the small of my back and pulled me closer. His lips were slightly chapped, but nice against mine. After a minute or so we pulled away, breathing hard.

"That's one way to say goodnight." I glanced over to see Craig scowling at Kent and I.

"You're just jealous that you can't get some of this." I said as a force of habit, but my lips pressed together tightly.

"I wouldn't dream of making out with you." Craig muttered as he walked towards his room.

When the door opened and he disappeared inside I looked at Kent and gave him another quick kiss before saying, "See you in the morning?" He nodded, kissing me once again before separating and walking towards our rooms.

As soon as I got in my room Katie turned off the TV and stared at me. I raised an eyebrow in confusion as I slowed walked to her bag, not taking my eyes off of her. She did the same watching my every movement.

As soon as I had extra PJ's from Katie I made my way over to the bathroom to change and brush my teeth. Not once did her eyes leave me and when I was done with that I walked out and she was laying in silence on her bed.

"What?" I cried, annoyed. She smirked and leaned forward a little bit, crossing her legs Indian style.

"There's something you're not telling me." Her eyes went narrow and it felt like she was staring into my soul.

"I kind of feel naked with you staring at me like that." I replied. I crept my way over to my bed and sat down on it, pulling the sheets down and getting under them.

"Are you going to tell me?" Katie pressured. She blinked a few times, letting me think it over. I sighed and slid so I was now lying down.

"You're going to think something crazy." Katie pursed her lips and scrunched her eyebrows.

"Why would I think that?" She asked.

"I kind of well..." I bit my lip. I couldn’t think of a possible way to word it so it didn't seem so bad.

"Well? Are you going to finish your sentence?"

"I kissed Craig alright?!" Katie's jaw dropped faster than you could say 'whoa'. I squeezed my eyes shut waiting for the huge reaction. Nothing came. I slowly opened one eye to see and Katie had a confused expression.

"Why?" She asked.

"I don't know. We were just talking and he leaned over and kissed me." I told her opening my other eye.

"Wait, wait... when was this?"

"Earlier." I replied.

"How much earlier, like today?"

"Yeah today."

"When today?!" Katie cried, now on the edge of her bed.

"At the beach, when you guys were in the water." I confessed.

"Holy mother shitter!" Katie yelled. I hissed jumping out of my bed and covering her mouth with my hand. Her muttering was quieted and I glared at her.

"Shut the hell up. If Kent or somebody hears I'm dead." Katie nodded, agreeing to keep quiet.

"So how was it?" She asked when my hand pulled from her lips.

"What do you mean?" I asked climbing back into bed.

"Like how was the kiss? Good or bad? Was it sweet, sloppy, you know." I shrugged.

"We didn't sit there and make out." Katie giggled.

"I know I would've." I scowled.

"That's a disgusting image." I mumbled laying my head on my pillow.

"At least I didn't say Liz and him making out." We both cringed. "Alright it sounded less gross in my head." I nodded.

"Agreed. So what's going on with you and Liz?" I asked instantly regretting the topic I chose.

"She's a bitch." I frowned. "Sorry I know you're still friends with her, but since she started liking Craig and everything she's changed. Her skimpy outfits and the new group of friends. She's abandoned us." Katie looked down at her hands. "Friends forever isn’t something people take seriously anymore." I turned to my side so I could see Katie better.

"I know. She's changed." Katie started chewing on her lip.

"I don't want to talk about it anymore." Katie confessed, getting under her sheets and laying down. A silence filled the room as we got caught up in our own individual thoughts.

I know Liz has changed, but what'd she do to Katie that made Katie hate her. I shouldn't say hate, but that's what it seemed. I wanted to ask, but I knew Katie didn't want to talk about it so I kept my mouth shut. I tried to think of another topic to start before we shut off the lights for good.

"So..." I started. "Holy mother shitter?"

_______________________________________________________________________________

Short? Yes, again. Sorry. I promise they WILL GET LONGER! :) So, what did you think of Craig kissing Rae? ;D