14: People, Playing, Swimming, Kissing?

As we pulled up I could feel the ocean's breeze as it blew through the car windows. I huffed when I stepped out of the car and glanced back at Katie. A smile appeared on her face. I glanced at the beach and noticed the crowd of people.

"You didn't tell me it was a freaking huge beach party!" I whined. Katie smile disappeared as she bit her lip.

"I didn't think you'd come if I said it was." She tried to give me the puppy eyes, but I just looked away and started towards the crowd knowing I wouldn't be leaving anytime soon with Katie and Kent here.

"Rae!" Liz cheered as I felt my feet hit the sand. I forced a smile onto my face as I noticed her walking towards me.

"At least she's wearing a full tank-top." Katie muttered under her breath. I guess I wasn't supposed to hear as I noticed Katie walk away rather quickly.

"You took forever girl!"

"Yeah. I wasn't fully informed about this." I replied. Liz smiled widely and wrapped her arm around my shoulder, leading me towards the crowd.

"Don't worry. It's just a little party for Mackenzie’s birthday." She said.

"Who's Mackenzie?" I asked.

"Just this girl, I don't know. She's friends with Taylor so I decided to come and then got Craig to come and some other people..." She trailed off and took a sip of her beverage which I knew wasn't anything alcoholic since Liz didn't really drink. "Anyways let's go have some fun!" She cheered, letting her arm drop from my shoulder as she ran towards Craig and a few people I didn't recognize.

I started scanning the beach, looking for people I actually knew when a pair of hands wrapped over my vision causing my eyesight to go black.

"Guess who." A husky voice whispered in my ear. I felt goose bumps rise as I spoke.

"Kent." The hands pulled away and I turned to face Kent who was smiling like crazy.

"You got me." Kent said as his lips drew in my own. I couldn't help, but smile into the kiss as I wrapped my arms around his neck. His hands caressed my sides as they wrapped securely around my waist, bringing me closer to him.

When we pulled away from a breath someone walked by muttering, "Get a room." Both of us looked to see Craig's image walking towards the water.

"What's stuck up his ass?" I asked, looking at Kent. Kent just simply shrugged.

"Obviously it seems like it won't be leaving for today." Kent mumbled. I shook my head taking Craig's normal miserable self out of my mind and I pulled Kent away from the water.

"Come on." I called as I ran away. "I want to play volleyball."

As usual I sucked at volleyball,but you never know how it'll turn out until you actually make it happen. Well, I already knew how it'd end, but I still liked playing.

"Come on Rae!" Katie called to me. I pulled my sunglasses back from my eyes as I sat up and looked at them. A crowd of people, well the crowd lessened as the day went on, but they were all heading into the water. I frowned and shook my head when i noticed Katie was calling me to join her.

"Oh get your butt down here Rae!" Kent called as he ran into the water. I sighed, but laid back down on my beach towel. The suns rays felt good against my skin. In the distance you could hear the voices of everyone as water splashed against the shore.

Every once in awhile a breeze would blow and goose bumps would form on me arms as the sun warmed me back up. It was actually calming just laying here on the towel in the sun.

"I'm going to laugh when you burn." My eyes opened to see Craig sitting on the sand next to me. He was staring off at the water and the teens in it. I hadn't a clue he was actually sitting there.

"Well too bad for you I usually never burn." I replied, laying back down and closing my eyes. "Why aren't you in the water?" I asked.

"I could ask you the same thing." He replied.

"Touché. Well I'm not in because I hate swimming and I actually have a sense of knowing when the water is actually at a temperature that's too cold for someone."

"Funny, I thought you liked swimming." I could imagine the smirk on his lips and as I opened my eyes once again I saw it for real.

"Well, you thought wrong." I muttered. "Now answer me why you're not swimming."

"I too am not an idiot and know when the water is way too cold. Those dumbasses just can't tell the difference." I smiled at his comment and looked at the shore. Some were just splashing around and swimming, other were playing chicken or having dunking wars. When I noticed a few girls at the edge of the water I almost felt like we weren't the only two thinking the water was cold, but when I saw Liz's face I frowned. Figures she wouldn't go in without Craig.

"Even when Liz wants to go in you won't go in?" I questioned, smirking. Craig glared at me, but his gaze fixed back on the water quickly.

"Nope, she’s a big girl. She can go in the damn water by herself."

"Obviously not if she's sitting out." I said pointing to her and a few other girls which must have been her new "friends".

"Well she's need a sense of mind, her own mind. So she can think for herself." He paused and looked over at me for a second saying, "Like you."

My breath hitched in my throat as he drew closer to me. I didn't know what was happening until his lips met mine...