07: Eyes Off Her, Please

"No way!" Liz shrieked. My hands instantly went to my eyes making my books fall onto my feet.

"Owwy Ow!" I cried grabbing my foot in one hand and my ear in the other.

"I knew he liked you!" Liz said smiling.

"Yeah… yeah nobody bothered to tell me he was going to ask me out though." I muttered looking down the hall and catching a pair of blue orbs.

"We thought you knew." James defended.

"Well, no I didn't ok." I said bending over and picking up my books. When I rose back up I felt a pair of arms around my waist.

"How are you doing today?" Kent asked as he kissed my cheek.

"Good and you?" I asked turning around to face him.

"I was doing badly until I saw a certain someone." He said smiling.

God I could never get tired of that smile.

"Aw." Liz gushed.

"You two are so cute." Katie finished.

"Yeah they’re so cute." James said acting like a girl. All three of us hit him on the head. "Hey!"

"What?" We asked innocently.

"Never mind." He said scuffing his shoes against the hallway.

"Well I've got to go to class. See you later?" Kent asked. I looked up and pecked his lips.

"Definitely." I muttered against them. Kent's eyes went from mine then to my lips as he kissed them again.

"Alright lovebirds let's go." Liz said pulling us apart. We both waved as all of us parted our separate ways. Liz and I went one way, Katie and James another along with Kent.

"So what have you been up to?" I asked her as we headed towards class.

"Nothing..." She mumbled. "I was mad when I found out by my best friend that my other best friend had totally gotten a boyfriend!" She said glaring at me. I put on my puppy eyes. Liz rolled her eyes.

"You know now." I said smiling innocently.

"Whatever. Hey do you have my homework that I left at your house?" She asked me. I nodded and pulled the papers out of a binder. "Thanks." She said taking them.

"You’re very welcome." I said taking my seat next to her. "So can I ask why this outfit this morning?" I asked motioning to the really short skirt and tank-top.

"Oh it’s nothing." She said clicking her tongue. I rolled my eyes as I heard the bell ring. As if one cue Craig casually walked in with one hand in his pocket and another around a girl he was talking to. Along with him were a mixture of girls on his 'gang', a.k.a. Jake and his other friends. I could see Liz sit up straight and smile in Craig's direction and out of the corner of my eye I noticed something...

Craig smiled back looking her over with his eyes.

"No way!" Katie said taking a bite of her pizza.

"Yeah. He looked at her like... like." I couldn't come up with a word that fit the emotion in Craig's eyes.

"Like he was going to eat her alive?" James suggested sipping his soda.

"Yeah! Like he had a plan forming. I don't know. He looked at her like she was a piece of meat." I muttered taking a bite of my cookie that lay on my tray.

"Hey guys!" Liz called as she walked towards us.

"More like a whore." James coughed out trying hard for Liz not to hear. Liz sat down next to Katie which was across from me and smiled.

"Guess what happened today?!" She asked all giddy.

"What?" We all asked in monotone.

"Craig Moore smiled and winked at me a few times. He even talked to me a couple minutes ago." She said smiling like an idiot.

"Cool." We all muttered, again in monotone.

"I know right?!" Did she not get the lack of interest?

"What's going on?" Kent asked as he sat in the chair beside me.

"Craig Moore has set upon Liz's heart." I muttered hastily biting my cookie again.

"Oh that can't be good." Katie, James and I all nodded in agreement.

"So how's your day been?" I asked Kent as I finished my cookie.

"Eh... okay." He shrugged taking a bite of his own pizza slice.

"I bet I could make it better." I said smiling and softly kissing his lips. My tongue ran out across them and licked the pizza sauce off of them. "Yummy." I said pulling away and smiling. Kent frowned as he swallowed the piece of pizza. I couldn't help, but laugh. "What?" I asked picking up my orange soda and taking a sip.

"I think Henry's a bad influence on you." Kent said smiling.

"Maybe, but he's my little boyfriend." I gasped. "Oh no! I'm dating two guys!" Katie giggled and James chuckled.

"I guess you'll have to go with the cuter one." Kent said smirking.

"You're right. I have to go with little Henry." I said smiling devilishly.

"Hey." Kent whined turning his smirk into a frown.

"What? You told me to go with the cuter one. If you said the older one then I'd have to go with you. I mean come on. Henry's the cutest kid you've ever met." Katie nodded.

"He is." She said.

"Thank-you." I said smiling.

"But you should always go with your boyfriend no matter how cute another kid is." James said.

"Thank-you." Kent said smiling. I frowned.

"Henry was my boyfriend first." I said pointing out a good point. Kent looked at Katie and James who shrugged.

"She's right." James said picking up his tray and walking to the garbage can.

"Ha!" I cheered as I stole Kent cookie.

"Hey!" He whined again. I took a bite and handed it back to him.

"Thanks sweetie!"