01: New Beginnings

Rae’s POV.

I glared at my face in the mirror. It hadn’t turned out as I had hoped. I groaned and pulled the wet cloth against my face taking the make-up off my face. The other side looked pale compared to the side with make-up on it. I wiped the other side having it match up perfectly.

My green eyes set for a moss color today which I failed to pair up with make-up, miserably. My dark brown hair lay limp against my neck and back. I had straightened it earlier and the burnt smell was left, but my perfume would over do the smell with just a squirt. I sighed heavily when a bang came from my door.

“Rae, hurry your butt up or I’m leaving without you.” Jake yelled through the door. I could hear his footsteps as he stomped downstairs.

I looked down at my pajamas that I was still wearing. I had on a baby pink cami with a pair of plaid pink and white pajama shorts.

When I looked back at my face I left out an even bigger groan for I had to get dressed and somehow make my face not so ugly looking, if you ask me, all before Jake gets angry enough to leave me here which will make me late for my first day of senior year.

Not good at all.

I quickly put on some white eye shadow, eyeliner and mascara, only on the top lid,and then I ran over to my closet to pick something out.

I really wanted to wear this black dress I got, but you know the “little black dress” is usually ‘slutty’ and this one was so… another time. I started to pull outfit by outfit out. Shirts and pants along with shoes and even skirts until I came to it.

All ‘it’ was was a hot pink V-neck from Wet Seal and a dark grey cami from Forever 21. Along with that went a pair of dark blue American Eagle jean shorts. I slipped them all on and huffed at my sad attempt to actually look like I had changed over the summer, but sadly only the outfit was new. I hadn’t changed a bit.

I was the same old me.

“Rae!” Jake started to yell and the footsteps were growing louder up the stairs. I pulled out my PINK perfume, sprayed it twice and then stepped through. With that I slipped on my hot pink flip-flops and opened my door to face Jake who started to say something, but stopped.

“Let’s go.” I rolled my eyes acting like him, getting all mad thatI was taking so long. He glared at me as I started down the stairs.

“All that for an outfit that you wore last weekend.” He complained. I glared back.

“I didn’t wear this last weekend, I bought this yesterday.” I hissed at him. Always with the stupid comments.

“Oh whatever, you could’ve fooled me.” He mumbled opening the driver’s side door and getting in.My hand gripped the passenger side door when Jake locked it.

“What the heck?” I asked looking through the window.

“We’re picking up Craig.” He said as if it was a usual routine.

“So he can’t sit in the back?” I questioned.

“He called dibs on shotgun.” Jake answered as I opened the back seat door.

“Unbelievable.” I muttered as I got in.

“Really, this is dumb.” I said pouting as we pulled into Craig’s driveway. When we stopped in front of his house Jake turned to face me.

“You’re really going to pout about a seat?” He asked me. I stuck my tongue out at him like a little kid. Just then the door opened and Craig got in the font seat. I could see his brown hair, shaggy as it fell over his blue eyes.

“Hey I’d keep that in your mouth.” He said looking in the mirror. “I’ve heard your pretty good with that thing.” He said winking at me. I grimaced.

“Hey dude, that’s my sister. You're disgusting.” Jake scolded.

“Yeah, you’re really disgusting.” I added.

“Well thank-you, Queen Fugly.” I frowned.

“King Jack-off.” I muttered back.

“Ew!” Jake and Craig commented at the same time.

“Oh it’s not even like I said jerk-off you dummies!” Craig smirked.

“You just did.” I rolled my eyes at the both of them and kept quiet the rest of the car ride.

“Still I can’t believe it.” I mumbled to Lizzy. She only laughed.

“Rae, it was just a seat.” She said grabbing a few books and setting them in her hands.

“Yeah, but it was Craig who took it.” James explained to Liz.

“Thank-you James. See someone understands my situation.” I said looking straight at Liz as she closed her locker and turned to me.

“Yeah Liz geez, can’t you understand that Craig is a horrible person who takes seats away from poor little Rae.” James said putting his hands on his hips and doing his best girly voice.

“Oh no, James, not her seat!” Liz cried.

“Yes… her seat.” James cried back and the two pretended to sob.

“Oh, shut up you two.” I smacked James on the arm.

“Ouch. Why didn’t you just hit him like that?” He asked. I rolled my eyes.

“Remember when you used to like him.” Katie teased as she walked up behind us.

“Don’t remind me.” I said shaking my head. Katie grinned.

“You used to think he was so cute and that you were going to be Mrs. Rae Daniels Moore.” Katie, James and Liz all burst out laughing. I felt a mad blush come on.

“I was 10 shut up.” I smacked her arm as well.

“Ouch!” She whined.

“I think you need to get some help Rae. You seem to be out of control lately.” James said to me.

“I agree.” Katie said rubbing her arm. “I think we need to have a convention. We should all sit down and talk about what abuse you do to us.”

“Yeah! We can call it RBA.” James agreed.

“RBA?” I cocked an eyebrow.

“Rae’s Bitching Abuse.” I rolled my eyes at him and started towards homeroom.

“See you after homeroom!” He called down the hall. I could hear him and Katie laughing up a storm.

“Oh seriously Rae, when are you going to get over him? He’s not that bad.” Liz said as we walked into the room.

“Yeah he is.” Liz gave me ‘the look’. “Oh shut up. He’s a total jerk and not to mention,pervert.”

“No he’s not.” Liz objected.

“This doesn’t have to do with him doing you... does it?” Liz’s cheeks went dark red. “That’s what I thought.” I muttered as Craig walked through the door with Jake and a few guys at his side.