Chapter Twenty Eight

(Christina's POV)

I watch as Amy, Katherine and Lisa all shuffle inside, and before the door is even fully closed, I grab Katherine roughly and pull her to the center of the living room.

"Chris what are you-" I cut her off by yanking up her sleeve, revealing the hundreds of cuts and scars on her skin.

Dani and Lisa gasp, while Amy lowers her head to the floor.

The sight of it makes me weak in the knees, but I don't let that show.

Katherine looks at me, her eyes wide,  a deer caught in headlights.

"What the hell is this?!" I hiss.

Katherine's mouth opens but no words come out, only small whimpers

"ANSWER ME!!" I scream, immensely grateful that our parents went to go visit Lauren, and aren't around to hear this ordeal.

"IM SORRY OK!!! It's been helping me cope!!" She says, yanking her wrist out of my grip.

"Coping?!? COPING?!?! IN CASE YOU HAVENT NOTICED KATH WE'VE ALL BEEN COPING!! AND NONE OF IT HAS INVOLVED US CUTTING OURSELVES!!!" I scream.

She freezes for a moment, her eyes wide with shock, before narrowing, ablaze with anger.

"YOU DONT UNDERSTAND CHRIS!!! YOU DONT UNDERSTAND THE GUILT OF KNOWING THAT I COULDVE SAVED HER!!! YOURE AT FAULT TOO, WE ALL ARE!! BUT IM THE ONE WHO NEARLY KILLED HER!!"

"SO YOU THINK THIS IS GONNA HELP!!!! DO YOU EVER THINK OF ANYONE BUT YOURSELF!!!"

"I WAS THINKING OF LAUREN!!!"

At this point, tears are rushing down both our faces at a rapid pace.

I grab her shoulders tightly

"BUT WHAT ABOUT ME!!  DID YOU EVER THINK ABOUT HOW I MIGHT FEEL!! SEEING YOU LIKE THIS! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH IT HURTS!!"

I barely get my last word out before breaking down in sobs.

Katherine pulls wraps her arms around me and pulls me into a tight hug.

"No, no no!" I yell, attempting to pull her off me.

"Shh, Shh" she holds me even tighter until I finally let myself give way in her arms.

"I'm sorry...I'm sorry" she whispers, and that only makes me hold her tighter.

"No...I'm sorry.." I say, and I mean it.

"It's ok, it's ok"

I sob hysterically in her arms, letting out every pent up bit of sadness and anger come spilling out.

"Kath.." I hear Lisa say, and I feel another pair of arms wrap around the two of us. Followed by another, and another.

I open my eyes and see my three other sisters holding us tightly in a group hug.

I sigh, feeling almost...happy for the first time in months.

When we break apart, we each take a seat beside each other.

"I love you guys..." I say. "and I'm sorry"

"I'm sorry too" Katherine says.

"Me too" Lisa and Amy join in.

"Me too" Dani adds.

We all sit in silence for a moment, mulling over everything that's happened the past few months.

I sniff, my eyes heavy with tears.

"You gave me wings..and taught me to fly"

My voice is dry and cracked and in no way fit to sing, but as I look around at my sisters, I see slow smiles start to spread across their lips.

"And taught me to fly...when I was out there on my own" Lisa joins.

"You gave me wings and brought me to life.."

One by one our voices blend into a, rough and slightly out of tune harmony.

But despite that, I still feel my heart lift with joy at the feel of singing...we haven't done so in so long.

We finish the chorus and smile, real genuine smiles.

"It's ok guys" I say

"We're going to be ok"

___________________________

A/N: awww sweet huh?

Alright kids I got color guard tonight, rifle. OH BOY!!

Question: how does one move on from a huge crush?¿?

Like really huge.

Gahhh I'm a mess.

Anyways, I hope you all are doing well!! Tomorrow is Friday, WHOOP WHOOP!!

You all are so amazing!!

Love y'all!!

- Annie :)