Chapter Four

(Katherine's POV)

I scribble down the draft for a new poem in my notebook when my thoughts come to screeching halt by the sound of a bloodcurdling scream.

I drop everything and sprint towards the source of the sound, the bathroom.

Apparently everyone else had the same idea.

I look over the heads over my other sister and see a pale, motionless Lauren in Lisa's arms.

Her wrists are covered in bloody tissue paper, and Lisa is staring down at her in terror, her trembling hands caked with dry blood.

The sight makes a scream of my own rise in the back of my throat, but I swallow it down.

I take a step forward when Lisa's head whips towards me. I get a brief look at her face, and her eyes lock on mine with a look I've never seen.

Those normally warm, kind, chocolate brown orbs are cold, hardened by anger, but at the same time claim such a deep sadness that only one words comes to mind to describe it.

Broken.

"HAVEN'T YOU DONE ENOUGH ALREADY!!!" she snaps and I flinch away.

I back into the wall, my breaths come in short, sharp gasps. I place my hand on my chest, trying desperately to get enough oxygen into my lungs, but I can't calm down.

My head's pounding over and over with the same heart-wrenching words.

It's your fault it's your fault it's your fault.

And I know it's true. This is my fault, it's all of ours but...I could've saved her. Why didn't I save her?!?!?

Christina suddenly comes rushing up the stairs and and I don't fail to notice the red handprint on her cheek.

I manage to finally take a deep gulp of air, steadying myself.

"T-the ambulance is coming" she announces, her voice shaky and uneven.

It startles me slightly, Christina is always so calm and collected, walking with a constant air of bravado...never has she been one to falter in a crisis.

Until now that is.

Lisa walks out with Lauren in her arms. And my other sisters follow suit. Christina goes to walk out with them but I hold her back and she turns to face me.

Tears cling to her eyelashes, flakes of mascara coat the skin around her eyes, which are glassy and bloodshot making the million shades of green in them pop our.

"C-Chris" I say, her name coming out as a strangled sob.

"What have we done?" I ask, my voice barely above a whisper, even though I already know the answer.

Christina looks at me, all the sadness in the world seems trapped in her eyes.

"We broke our baby sister"

I know what we've done but that doesn't stop me from breaking down at her words.

I feel her gather me into a tight hug, and I cling to her for dear life, as if she'll slip through my fingers like dust if I loosen my grip.

She let's go after a minute and leads me down to where my baby sister is being loaded into an ambulance.

I try to stop crying, but tears are overwhelming me. I shouldn't be crying over her...she doesn't deserve my tears.

I'm one of the reasons why she's being shipped off the to the hospital....and I may be one of the reasons she dies.

Why did I ignore her so severely? Why did I turn her away when she was so desperate for help...for love?

My knees buckle and I collapse to the ground in sobs, the same question pounding within me.

Why didn't I save her?

__________________________

Poor Kath :( :(

HELLO KIDS!!!

At last an update.

Currently crying cuz 400 reads

I know I basically replayed the same two chapters only in Kath's POV but this particular chapter will become more relevant in the future.

BUT SERIOUSLY YALL ARE THE BEST THANK YOU FOR BEING SO PATIENT!!!

Love yall

- Annie :)