Chapter Two

(Lisa's POV)

I walk into my room with a heavy sigh, my argument with Christina playing through my mind.

She had once again chastised me for "favoring" Lauren over Dani. We've had this argument probably a thousand times.

Doesn't she realize Lauren has it 10x worse than Dani does at the moment?

I sigh once again as my gaze drifts to a piece of folded paper on Lauren's nightstand.

I raise an eyebrow and unfold it cautiously.

I read through it and my heart stops dead in my chest.

It's a suicide note.

"NOOOOO!!!!" I scream and I drop the paper, and sprint to the bathroom, nearly falling on my face as I barge in.

My eyes land on Lauren, who's staring intently at her reflection, and I burst into tears.

She turns to me calmly, and I pull her into a tight hug, holding her as tightly as I can.

"I love you so much Lauren" I whisper, making sure she hears every word.

I made it.

"I love you too Lise...and I'm sorry" she whispers back.

I'm about to question her when I suddenly feel something sticky leaking through my shirt.

Lauren starts to lean all her weight onto me.

"Lauren?!? LAUREN!!" I call her name frantically, but she doesn't seem to hear me.

I pull her away from me and see blood pouring down her wrists.

I gasp and quickly grab some toilet paper, attempting to lighten the bleeding.

I then catch a glimpse of the countertop and I nearly scream.

Sitting there is a bottle of pills.

And it's open...

"Oh God no" I whisper, my voice shaking in complete terror.

I grab her by her shoulders and stare deeply into her dark eyes, unfocused and distant.

"LAUREN!!!! NO LAUREN!!!!"

I shake her shoulders roughly, but with one last ragged breath, her eyes roll back and she falls completely limp in my arms.

"CHRISTINA!!!" I scream, blood soaking my hands as I frantically try and bandage Lauren's wrists.

She comes bursting in the room a minute later.

"Lisa what on Earth are you-OH MY GOD WHAT HAPPENED!!"

My temper suddenly flares and I gently set Lauren down and walk over to my eldest sister.

My eyes narrow and before she can do or say anything, my hand connects with her cheek, leaving a bloody hand print on her skin.

She stumbles back and looks at me, eyes wide, with her hand covering her blood-stained cheek.

"LAUREN JUST SWALLOWED A BOTTLE OF PILLS BECAUSE OF YOU AND THIS FAMILY!!!"

I force these words from the tightness of my throat, with as much venom as I can muster.

She recoils like a snake at my outburst, looking on the verge of tears, but I don't care.

"Lisa I-" I cut her off.

"JUST CALL 911!!!

I walk back into the bathroom, cradling Lauren's fragile body in my arms as Christina rushes downstairs.

I can just barely get a pulse on her, and her face is already as white as a sheet.

I was too late....I was too late...

I suddenly hear a cluster of footsteps, and look up to see my three other sisters standing in the doorway, their jaws dropped.

Immediately my blood boils, they disgust me.

"What happened?!?" Amy asks, her eyes wide as saucers.

I clench my jaw.

"You all made her swallow a bottle of pills that's what happened"

I see Katherine step forward out of the corner of my eye and I snap my head towards her.

"HAVENT YOU DONE ENOUGH ALREADY!!" I snap, causing her to flinch back.

Christina comes running back in, her eyes wet with tears.

"T-the ambulance is on it's way" she says, her voice strained.

I can tell she's choking back tears, but any sympathy I have is covered by a thick blanket of anger.

I pick Lauren up bridal-style and rush her outside where the ambulance is waiting.

I kiss her forehead and let the paramedics load her onto a stretcher.

I cover my mouth with my hands and let out a muffled sob, when I feel a hand on my shoulder.

I turn and see my mother, staring at me with sympathetic, tear-filled eyes. I slap her hand away, gritting my teeth.

"If Lauren dies....I will never forgive any of you"

___________________________

A/N: SO 9 READS GUYS!!!

Ok in reality that's not really a whole lot but it's 9 reads very much appreciated.

Whoever is reading this, SHOUTOUT TO YOU! YOU'RE AWESOME AND I LOVE YOU!!!

Vote or comment if you want :)

Love y'all!

- Annie :)