Chapter Fourteen

(Amy's POV)

I hold Lisa's trembling body in my arms, she's pressed so tightly against me that I can feel her heart pounding against my chest.

I rub her back, feeling as her tears soak through the fabric of my shirt

I sigh to myself, I can only imagine how much pain she's in...I mean, she's the one who saw it all.

She's the one who watched the blood pour from Lauren's wrists, the one who watched the light leave her eyes...

...she's traumatized.

"Shh, Lisa's it's ok, it's ok. Calm down" I whisper, and she only grips me tighter.

"Why? Why did this have to happen to Lauren!!" She sputters.

I open my mouth to answer but then close it...because in all honesty, I'm wondering the same thing.

It takes a while for her to calm down, but I'm patient.

When she no longer trembles in my arms and her sobs die down, I stand up and offer her my hand.

She takes it gratefully and shakily gets to her feet.

We stand in silence for a moment before I decide to break it.

"Hey Lisa?"

Her eyes meet mine and I let the one question I've been biting my tongue on, slip out.

"Are you angry at me? At us?"

She stares at me blankly, but I can see the gears turning in her head.

After a while it seems, she sighs.

"I tell myself I should be, I tell myself I should blame all of you, it would be easier that way. But no... I'm not. You didn't do any of this intentionally...you were only doing what you thought was right. And...if we're gonna make it through this, we're gonna need to stick together.

I let out a slight sigh of relief, pleased with her response.

"But what about Dani?" I ask, and immediately her expression hardens.

"With Dani, it's going to take...a lot more time"

Her tone is even, but I can sense the anger in it.

I'm pretty good at reading people, but especially Lisa.

I slowly nod my head in response.

"Yeah I get it...but for what it's worth, I'm proud of you"

Lisa looks at me questioningly

"For what?"

"For all that you've done. For protecting Lauren to the best of your ability, for not pushing us all away....you're incredibly strong Lise, I hope you know that"

She smiles down at me and pulls me into a tight hug.

"I love you Ames" she whispers, and I smile against her chest.

"I love you too"

___________________________

A/N: SORRY THIS IS KIND OF A SHORTER CHAPTER BUT AS PROMISED, HERE IS AN UPDATE!!!

#lamyftw

I didn't have school today so yaassss (probably cuz it's Beyoncé's birthday lol)

For those of you who are in school, or who have already started;

I LOVE YOU ALL AND YOU WILL MAKE IT THROUGH I PROMISE IT WILL ALL BE OK

Love y'all!

- Annie :)