Chapter Twenty Four

(Lisa's POV)

We all stand in front of the door to Lauren's room, the only thing separating us from our baby sister.

I stand with my hand on the cold metal knob, but no matter how hard I will myself to, I can't move my hand to twist it.

Lauren is in there...she's awake. For some reason I can't seem to process all of that.

I feel a warm hand on my shoulder, it knocks me slightly out of my frozen state of shock.

Christina's voice rings vaguely at my ears, and I feel her hand fold over my own, and twist the door open.

I cautiously step in, and turn and gasp sharply.

It's Lauren...and she really is awake.

She looks over and her eyes lock on mine, and every bone, muscle and nerve in my body freezes.

I hold Lauren's gaze for what feels like an eternity, her expression completely unreadable...

Then suddenly, her lips twitch upward, slowly spreading into a wide genuine smile.

"Lauren" I choke out.

I rush over and fold her body into my arms, hugging her just tightly enough as not to hurt her.

I feel her arms snake around me, and I let out a loud sob...I never thought I'd ever feel her arms around me again.

When I finally bring myself to let go, I bring my hand to her cheek, brushing away a tear with my thumb.

"I love you. You know that right? God Lauren I love you so much" I say, unable to resist pulling her right back into my embrace.

"I love you too Lisa"

Her voice is tiny, and weak, but I hear the words squeak out. And they fill my heart with so much joy.

I finally step away to let my other sisters step forward.

Christina is the first to do so, but her strides are cautious, like she's walking on glass.

"Laur?" She says, waiting for a reaction.

Lauren stares at her blankly, as if deciding whether she is gonna put up a fight or not.

The tension in the room builds higher and higher with each passing second, to the point of almost being unbearable.

But then I see it.

I see Lauren's shoulders slump, and her facade slip away.

She's tired of trying to be tough.

She let's Christina scoop her into her arms and starts to sob heavily, clutching onto her with a near death grip.

"I missed you" she cries.

"Oh baby, I missed you too. I'm so sorry" Christina soothes.

Though tears are running down my face rapidly, my jaw aches from smiling so wide.

I don't think I've ever felt so happy.

I watch as one by one, each of my sisters goes and hugs Lauren, and I can tell by the look on Lauren's face.

She couldn't be happier to be alive.

___________________________

A/N: Sorry a bit of a shorter chapter but YAYYY!! CIMORELLI REUNION!!!

Happy Halloween everyone, plz stay safe if you are going out tonight.

I hope you all enjoy your long weekend (get it? Cuz daylight savings is tomorrow ahaha)

Might update again tomorrow if I can! I will do my best!!

Love y'all!!

- Annie :)