Chapter Nine

(Amy's POV)

Katherine walks out, looking just as bad as Lisa did. My heart aches for her, I think Kath especially blames herself for what happened to Lauren...though I don't exactly know why.

I try to give her my best reassuring smile, but I don't think it's very convincing.

She manages a small nod and I force myself to walk in.

My eyes land on Lauren and I swallow down some bile, as my body starts trembling.

I walk over to her cautiously, thinking she's gonna wake up any minute and scream at me to get out...but she won't...not for a while.

I grip her hand in mine and sigh

"Lauren...I'm so sorry...I'm sorry I avoided and ignored you for so long. Believe me, I didn't want to. Everyday I yearned to talk to you. To crack jokes and laugh with you....but I was too afraid to get yelled at for favoring you, I convinced myself it would be unfair to Dani. So...I avoided you, because I knew if you even caught my gaze, I wouldn't be able to resist staying away any longer. You're my baby sister Laur, even though you're only three years younger. You're my baby sister and I love you to pieces ..I never want you to forget that...not again"

I shake my head disgusted at myself...though a huge part of me wants to place all the blame on Dani, I mean she was so convincing...how were we supposed to know?

Flashback

I sit with Christina, Katherine and Lisa on the couch, as we work on a new song for our next EP, when we're suddenly interrupted by loud sobs.

We all immediately run to the kitchen to see Dani bawling her eyes out.

"Dani what happened!!!" Katherine asks, wrapping her into her arms.

For a minute, Dani keeps crying, desperately trying to regain her breath.

When she finally calms down she stutters out

"L-Lauren"

"What?" Christina asks, clearly just as confused as I am. Lauren and Dani are the closest out of all of us...

"Did she get hurt?!?" Katherine asks and my heart stops as I realize Kath could be right, what if Dani's crying because something happened to Lauren?!?

Dani starts crying even harder but shakes her head.

"No!!" She yells.

"Then what is it?" Lisa asks, and though she looks concerned, I can hear the impatience laced in her voice.

"W-we, were s-skateboarding and I-I f-fell a-nd then L-Lauren s-started m-making f-fun of how f-fat and c-clumsy I am"

Christina and I share a look...that doesn't sound like Lauren at all.

"Dani, honey, I'm sure she was just messing around, I'm sure she didn't mean to hurt your feelings" Katherine soothes and we all nod in agreement.

Dani takes a deep breath, her voice more steady.

"N-normally I'd agree but...I've been hiding this from you guys for a while...hoping it would stop. But..Lauren's been treating me terribly lately. Calling me names, criticizing me. She said, she wished I killed myself, that she'd be a lot happier if I was dead"

We all gasp, that doesn't sound like Lauren at all but...why would sain make something this terrible up about her sister? And why would she be in such hysterics?

I shake my head in disappointment...I can't believe Lauren would do this

End of flashback

Ever since...Dani just came to us again and again, in tears, telling us some story about Lauren. It was all so convincing that we just stopped talking to her...except Lisa.

But then we just yelled at her for favoring Lauren over Dani....and now Lauren's in a coma.

As much as I want to blame it all on Dani I know I'm partly to blame...we all are.

We all did this to her....

___________________________

A/N: Oh what's this? A flashback :O

Don't worry there's gonna be a few more of those ;)

Anyways, some of you may of noticed but last night I did my best to answer all the positive comments I've received on this story.

Basically cuz I love you guys so much and decided to spread some of that love.

IM FOUR READS AWAY FROM 1K SO JUST THANK YOU ALL FOR BEING THE BEST AND COMMENTING AND VOTING FOR THIS STORY

I LOVE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YALL!!!

- Annie :)