Chapter Three

(Christina's POV)

"CHRISTINA!!!"

The loud scream startles me from my phone and I immediately rush upstairs to see Lisa on the bathroom floor.

"Lisa what on Earth are-" the words die in my mouth when my eyes stop on the blood on the floor, and the lifeless looking body in her lap...

Lauren.

"OH MY GOD WHAT HAPPENED!!!" I scream, staring in horror at my little sister, noticing the bloody toilet paper on her wrists.

Lisa gently sets Lauren down and walks up to me...there's blood on her hands.

Her dark brown eyes settle on mine, blazing with anger. Suddenly, with one swift fling of her arm, her hand connects with my cheek.

I stare at my younger sister of two years in complete shock, but she's not done.

"LAUREN JUST SWALLOWED A BOTTLE OF PILLS BECAUSE OF YOU AND THIS FAMILY!!!"

The realization of this comes crashing onto me like a ton of bricks. I did this. Me. This is my fault.

I go to say something but Lisa just cuts me off, screaming to go call 911. I can only nod and run downstairs.

I grab the phone but my hands are shaking so bad it takes several tries before I finally hit the right buttons.

"911 what is your emergency?"

"Hello, m-my name is C-Christina C-Cimorelli, and m-my little sister j-just swallowed a b-bottle of p-pills"

I just barely manage to squeeze the words out, finding it very difficult to speak with the numerous tears building up in my throat.

"Ma'am please try to stay calm, what is your address?"

I manage to stutter it out and she assures me that an ambulance is on it's way before the line goes dead.

For a moment I can only stand frozen in place, listening to the dial tone as a tears drips from my eye down my cheek.

I'm the oldest, it's supposed to be my job to protect her...

It's a job I've failed...

After a minute or two I collect myself enough go run back upstairs, where my other sisters are crowded outside the bathroom.

"T-the ambulance is here" I say and Lisa nods, not taking her eyes off Lauren as she adjusts her in her arms.

She walks out and carries her bridal-style in her arms, and my other sisters follow suit.

I go to walk after them when I feel someone grab my arm.

I turn and see Katherine, her cheeks pale and streaked with tears. She stares at me through glassy eyes.

"C-Chris" she whispers, the pure sadness laced in her voice is almost enough to make me lose it right there.

"W-what have we done?" She asks, her voice barely audible.

I shake my head

"We broke our baby sister"

I duck my head in shame as I feel more tears spring loose from my eyes.

Katherine covers her mouth with her hand, letting out muffled sobs. I wrap her into a tight hug, though I know it offers little comfort.

I hold her for a moment before leading her down to where Lauren is being loaded into a stretcher.

Lisa is now full on bawling and I can only watch as our mom walks up and puts a hand on her shoulder.

Lisa smacks it away and I can just barely catch what she says next.

"If Lauren dies I will never forgive any of you"

Neither will I Lisa....
___________________________

A/N: Normally I don't update this quickly when I post a chapter but my friend was begging for an update lol

Please if you have any suggestions feel free to let me know :)

Thanks so much!

Love y'all

- Annie :)