Chapter Sixteen

(Dani's POV)

After Christina's outburst, I find myself in the only place I can seem to find comfort. Lauren's bunk.

Just the smell of her, it calms me down...but it also makes me miss her 10x more.

Surprisingly, I haven't started to cry yet. I just feel extremely numb,

Christina's poisonous words reel through my head like a broken record.

I hate you.

And I know she's not the only one who feels that way about me.

I then start laughing, just because of the pure irony of all this.

This is the exact situation I put Lauren in, except no one is on my side, no one is gonna help me get through this.

I am completely alone.

Despite these dark thoughts, I can't stop laughing, I think it's a combination of shock, depression, and irony.

Suddenly I hear footsteps storm into the room.

"What are you laughing about!!"

I look up to see Lisa, who looks completely outraged. It stops my laughter short.

I sigh

"I'm sorry...I'm just in shock I guess..I-I didn't know how much pain she was in"

Lisa's eyes narrow even more, with not even a hint of sympathy.

"Well how about I enlighten you" she hisses, and I swallow, knowing that whatever she says, will ultimately break me inside.

"To say Lauren was upset would be an understatement, she was completely destroyed. She refused to leave her room, unless I came with her, because she couldn't bare to face any of you alone. Then once comments started getting thrown at me about favoring her, she refused to leave at all. It got to the point where I had to bring her meals into her freaking room!!! Because she was so afraid of all of you. One day I caught her with a razor in her hand and blood dripping down her wrist. Luckily it was only minor, but I had to constantly watch her from there on out. I wouldn't even let her go to the bathroom unless I was in the room, facing towards the door. But I guarentee you, by the extent of her wrist, she managed to find a way around me. And then there were the nightmares. You must've tuned it out or whatever but every night she would be sobbing and screaming "don't leave me" at the top of her lungs, and wouldn't stop until I crawled into bed with her. She couldn't sleep alone. All because of what you did."

I feel my heart start to physically break inside my chest...I caused all this.

My throat closes up tight, making it hard to even swallow..but I still don't cry, I don't even feel the need to.

I don't feel anything...

Lisa let's out a small whimper, and I look up to see her fighting back tears.

My first instinct is to up and give her a hug...but that's the last thing she wants right now.

So without a word, I walk out of the room, downstairs, and out of the house.

And no one stops me.

___________________________

A/N: ok this is ch 16 for real I promise lolol.

Ok guys, I'm going to be extremely busy for the next week.

I got after school clubs, open house, an orthodontist appointment, and my parents friends are coming over for a bonfire on Friday.

And probably homework on top of that as well.

So you may not get an update all week :(

But I promise you guys I will find time!!!

Don't give up on me now ;)

Love y'all!!

- Annie :)