epilogue

M A R Y

harry watched me graduate.

it sounds like such a weird thing to say, but it was true. even with the boys being off of break now and heading different places for reappearances, he managed to show up for my graduation.

it was maybe the second best day of my life.

"congradulations!" harry greeted me after the caps had been tossed. leave it to him to come up with a pun for every occasion.

i smiled wholeheartedly. "where's my graduation gift, rich boy?" i joked. I loved using that line because harry knew me well enough to know that i wasn't using him for the money. we basically had no filter.

he smirked and reached into his pocket. "your twentieth pay check!" he said cheerfully, handing me an envelope. this was nice. the way harry worked, every ten pay checks you get you get a raise. that was  one of the many benefits of working for a terribly rich franchise with few workers.

"how much is it?" i asked. last time, my raise had been from 10 dollars an hour to 11.

he shrugged like he didn't know, which i very well knew he did, and motioned to the sealed envelope. "open it and see... i don't know. louis filed it this time. he wouldn't even tell me."

i guess he really didn't know.

i tore carefully at the seal, surprised to see that what was inside wasn't actually a pay check. i decided not to be worried because that's what I should have been getting, but instead opened the paper and saw that it was two round trip tickets to london.

i almost dropped everything. "no way." i gasped out, momentarily unable to breathe.

harry looked worried and leaned over my shoulder. "what is it, babe?" he asked, and read the paper carefully. afterwards he gasped as well. "get out, louis bought us tickets to fly to england? that son of a--"

"why would he do this for us?" i asked, truly confused. this was a bit too much. the fact that it was for us and us only, and that harry could've bought it himself was a bit baffling.

but then i saw the date for the ticket.

august 1st, 2017.

what the hell?

"harry." i said as calmly as I could. "louis has made a mistake here. it says august of 2017. that's two years from now. he couldn't have given these to us for us to travel in two years. we could get tickets now and fly in tomorrow if we pleased."

"yeah." harry agreed, pursing his lips and barely touching the paper. "this is odd."

when we got to harry and louis' house, louis was already cooking. that was a strange sight, but he did always prepare the meal on special occasions.

"hey, lou." harry said smoothly, kicking off his leather boots and taking his sunglasses off. i kicked my heels off and slipped on that pair of harrys fuzzy sucks that were always balled up on the floor by the coat rack.

he waved from the kitchen. "has mary opened her present?"

"mhm." i hummed, still holding it. "why is the date set for two years from now?"

louis and harry exchanged glances, like they were talking telepathically. i was jealous because damn, me and harry couldnt do that.

"harry knows now." louis said simply like they really had just finished having a silent conversation with their eyes. what kind of friendship...?

"is he going to tell me?" i asked.

"no." louis turned back around and resumed to his cooking. I looked at harry, shocked, but he just gave me a shrug and looked at his feet, finding them interesting all of a sudden.