34

M A R Y

we met up with louis and el a bit later, when the good bands had played their songs and now the trashy ones were back for an encore. rusty metal? what kind of band name...

"hey!" el said, swaying to the music and holding a starbucks cup. how did she even get that? all that was being sold was lemonade. "are you guys having fun!" she yelled over the loud noise.

"uh, yeah!" harry shouted back, his arm around my waist. "do you seriously like the music here?"

"yeah!" she screamed. "it's really bad but that's what makes it fun to dance to! loosen up, harry, you've been acting like this ever since i met you!"

i laughed. it was really funny because harry was actually one of the most laid back people you could ever meet. and on top of that, he was cute, funny, adorable, genuine-- and a hell of a kisser.

louis came walking over, holding an empty beer can in his hand. he looked wasted, and it was well explained when he tossed the empty can to the floor. "more beer!" he screeched, shoving harry. i sucked in air between my teeth.

"louis!" harry giggled, holding him up and stopping him from going anywhere else. he was really strong. "you're a bloody mess! did el let you get this drunk?!"

"yeah!" he screamed, clawing at her from a distance. she winced and scooted back, making me laugh. "the bitch said i could drink as much as i fucking wanted to!"

"wow." i laughed. "those two are probably the cutest couple ever."

"screw you, mary in the manger!" louis screamed.

harry went from lighthearted to frowning. "okay, that's enough louis." he seethed. it was adorable how he was already getting overprotective over me and we hadn't even been in a relationship for an hour yet, even though that relationship was unofficial. "we need to get you over to our blanket."

"you're out of your mind!" louis screeched. "didn't i tell you that this is what festivals are for? getting drunk, taking pictures with the fans, and listening to some bitch ass music i don't even like!"

harry sighed. it was obvious that getting louis to comply was going to be very hard. "every time we go somewhere like this, you get drunk, louis. please, at least try to sober up for me and come sit down."

it was like something clicked, and right away he no longer relied on harry to support his weight. he stood up on his own, a scowl still stuck on his face but at least he had listened to harry. "lead the way."

we all sat on the blanket together, and harry and i bought another pizza for the four of us to share. we all had lemonades, except for louis who we gave a water in an attempt to somewhat sober him up.

"you having fun?" harry whispered in my ear. i nodded.

"a lot." i grinned. "im so glad that you know the truth now."

"the truth?!" louis spat, overhearing what i said. we both looked in his direction fearfully. "you want to know the truth? harry told me that monday morning, in the middle of the night, he wanked to you!"

wanked?

"what is that supposed to mean?" i asked, confused. whatever it was must've had to do with the puffy red eyes, the glowing aura he had that morning.

harry coughed awkwardly. "it's nothing." he dismissed, but the way he looked at louis begged to differ. "im going to destroy him when he's sober." he growled.

i rubbed his back gently. "harry, it's fine." i grinned. "i don't even know what the word means."

el smirked from the other side of the blanket. "it means jack off." she said knowingly, and louis nodded in agreement. "he beat his meat to the thought of you."