25

H A R R Y

she was so beautiful.

god, she was so beautiful. and i was truly, honestly, blessed.

i knew she had a kind heart. every day we spent together, every instance, she proved that.

she had already taken the account down for me. i knew she did it for me and for me only, because it was gone right after we came from the party. it must've been what louis said to her, even though they think that i didn't hear it.

but the thing was that louis was right. i loved it when girls were so visibly in love with me. it gave me a sort of self assurance. it made me feel happy, and not in the conceited way either.

so as we sat in the very back of her family's black van-- with her little brother in the middle-- our hands intertwined, i couldn't have felt luckier.

"here." she said softly, letting go of my hand. i had to fight the strong urge to pout, right there in front of her. but instead she pulled out her phone and opened our conversation. my stomach dipped when i saw she had me in her contacts as "harry aka bae".

after swallowing hard, i said, "so im really your number one?" teasing, i gestured to the name she had at the top of her screen.

even though the car was slightly dark, i could tell she was blushing. of course, that name must've been a joke or something. "shut up, harry." she whispered, and i found my eyes trailing to her lips, lingering there. how naughty, harry.

she leaned with her back to the window, as far away from me as possible and i felt hurt. i could no longer feel her radiating body heat or her hand it mine.

this time, i did pout and did the same as she did, hiding what was on my phone screen from her. i copied her, opening our conversation only to see that she was typing me a message.

"hurry it up." i playfully scolded, looking up to see her giving me a suggestive look.

what was she getting on at?

mary!!!: i hope you know that the restaurant is like a 40 minute drive from my house, lol

i frowned. what was so special about this one that they had to drive so far? back when i used to live most of the time in england, our family would drive to a fish and chips shop about five minutes or so away.

she gave me a sympathetic smile, making me laugh.

jett turned around and stared at us suspiciously, as a normal annoying little brother would do. not that he was annoying; but the fact that he kissed me without my consent was not okay. i wasn't into that kind of thing.

"what are you two talking about?"

"nothing." mary and i both said in unison, and the sound of our two voices in harmony made me have to suppress a smile. hard.

me: your brother is quite the detective!

mary giggled again, and as expected jett snapped his head around. "it's nothing." mary dismissed and when jett finally turned back around, she slipped her hand that wasn't doing all the texting in mine.

mary!!!: can you text with one hand, harry? :)

me: yes. im sending you this message, aren't i?

mary!!!: okay boy you need to stop making me want to make me laugh my brains out or else jett is going to say something. ur so darn cute omg

my heart almost stopped. did she just really call me cute?

she must've seen me freeze for a second, because she went into total girl panic mode and texted me back. at least, that was what i was going to call it. because it was that thing that girls usually did when they saw me on the side of the street, in my car or something of the sorts.

mary!!!: ok i didn't mean cute like that

mary!!!: i meant like baby cute. cute like a baby

me: sad.

mary!!!: ????

me: i was enjoying that compliment for a second and you have to go and take it back? how rude.

mary!!!: okay okay okay fine :( i think you're very cute, harry! in the attractive way :) how's that.

my heart was beating out of control at this point.

me: ur cuter

mary!!!: BOY stop ur making my cheeks as red as your microphone on stage

me: ... girl wyd my mic is green!!!!

mary!!!: oh haha sorry. but no ur cuter honestly we can fight on this if you want.

me: bet i can last longer. YOURE CUTER

mary!!!: no, you are

me: noooo you

mary: youuuuuu

me: souija boy tell em

mary burst out laughing and so did i, locking her phone and letting go of my hand. i missed her warmth but at the same time we were having so much fun that it was quite unbelievable. i was falling for mary; i was. i wondered if it was possible for a superstar to get starstruck.

"i didn't know that you knew about that kind of stuff!" mary laughed. "you're like, not even a citizen."

i rolled my eyes playfully. "you're so ignorant!" i joked loudly, my voice filling the whole car. for some strange reason it felt comfortable, though.

her dad reached back and handed us hard candies, which wasn't strange to me. mum used to to that all the time.

"this is to get you two to be a bit quieter." her dad said with a light laugh. "stop flirting in the back of my car where i can't see you."

i felt heat rise to my cheeks.

jett handed me a blue candy, and a yellow one to mary. we popped them in our mouths at the same time. it tasted like blueberries.

me: i got a blue candy. it's going to make my tongue blue. :(

mary!!!: i got a yellow one. guess my tongues going to be yellow?

me: ....

mary!!!: :?

me: let's make green.