24

M A R Y

harry stayed in what he was wearing: black jeans,  tee, and an american flag bandana. he looked nice, but i wasn't sure if what he was wearing was nice enough for him to wear to the restaurant we were going to. when we went to eat, it was usually somewhere considerably costly, and i knew harry could handle that; no doubt.

"im really worried what my mom's going to say." i said, being honest with him. he just beamed at me.

"you're so cute when you're nervous." he said, making my heart beat out of my chest. and the thing was, he didn't even take it back. he just sat there, smiling at me, while i fidgeted like an idiot.

going in bold, harry. i see.

"thanks." i said awkwardly and nervously. he just nodded, adjusting his curls. he was fairly awkward and so was i, so i guessed that we were the perfect duo.

"does your dad have like, a clip on tie, or-- erm, something?" he asked and his sentence took forever to come out. that was another cute trait of his; the way he talked. i could have gone on and on about that, but i fell under the assumption that harry had just seen me as cute in the baby way.

but still, i laughed at his question. "they haven't even got your blessing yet." i joked.

harry swallowed hard. please don't tell me that he had taken that literally. "blessings?" he asked, confused as i expected him to be. i just nodded with a giggle and he laughed along.

"want to come downstairs with me while i ask?" i offered, mentally praying that he would say yes. if he stayed up in my room and i took too long, it was unavoidable that harry would get curious and start looking around. and if that happened, then he would find his most prized and missing item under my bed.

"sure." he said with ease, and i let out a breath i didn't realize that i was holding.

so we walked downstairs together, and it surprised me when about halfway down harry took my hand in his. i gasped at his touch, his warmth foreign and unusual to me, but he just gave me a warm and friendly expression.

mom and dad were sitting in the living room, waiting for me. jett had to be contained by having one of his toy cuffs hooked to an arm of the love-seat; another to his skinny wrist. harry giggled at the sight, causing my parents to look at us.

but opposite to what i expected, no shock from them had followed. it did make sense to some extent, because on one instant we had brad pitt sitting with them talking over tea (long story). so maybe, a brit with better looks than pitt, who was loved by females everywhere-- and males alike-- wasn't such a surprise.

"hello." harry said, quite awkwardly and formally. "mary and i are pretty good friends now." he explained, saying all the things that i was going to. he was actually very good at talking to my parents already. "she was just scared to tell you because she wasn't sure how'd you react."

jert started kicking wildly, trying to get around to be able to see what was happening. "is that harry styles?!" he yelled. "oh my god, mom! let me kiss him!"

harrys cheeks turned a deep red.

this whole thing was a mess.

if harry would have listened to me and just kept his distance, i would have enjoyed a nice dinner with my family. it was sure that he would be the only thing on my mind, but at least he wouldn't be distracting to the point where i could not eat. because that's what road we were heading down.

"okay." dad clasped his hands together, the loud noise filling the room. "want to come out to eat with us?"

well, that was unbelievably easy.

harrys face lit up. "yes sir!" he said, excited as ever. he was so adorable and i just wanted to shower his adorable little face with kisses and--

wait. what was i thinking?

my parents had raised me to lie and steal. not grow strong feelings from a giant teddy bear like harry. i mean, he was cute, and funny, and cute again, and then even funnier with a great personality.

but he was totally ruining the values my family had taught me growing up. and most importantly, he was making me doubt them.

"i have a clip on bow tie you can wear." dad spoke again, and harry looked at me with wide, eager eyes.

"i told you that he would have one for me!" he cried out with a wide grin, and i don't think anyone could have wiped that look off his face.

he followed my dad up the stairs and soon he came back, a polka dot bow tie on his collar. cutie.

"ready to go?" my mom asked, and i was still having trouble sinking in the fact that they had accepted harry so quickly. no questions this time, not nothing.

"ready as ever!" harry chimed like he was already a part of the family, and helped jett free himself from the handcuffs. immediately my little brother gave him a big, fat kiss on the cheek.

"told him id give him a kiss!" he giggled, running over to mom and dad who were already leaving out the front door. harry just stood there beside me, taken aback.

i felt so bad about this whole thing. "my family can be a little weird." i said as my form of apology. "im sorry, you get used to it--"

he cut me off by mimicking my earlier actions, pressing his index finger to my mouth. his finger was smooth, and i found myself staring deeply into his eyes as his jade ones pressed into mine.

"i think i already have gotten used to it." he said, his eyes not once leaving mine and his husky voice sending my mind on a trip. he took his digit from my lips and used that same exact hand to lace in mine as before, swinging our arms as we walked out the living room door and mom shut it behind us.