45

triple update. I'll stop asking for votes/comments bc no one ever does regardless...

M A R Y

lilac made my week dreadful, and for once i was starting to look forward to starting school on friday. but there was one thing-- the grand opening of the bakery was on friday, too. so i was going to have to rush from school to get there in time to cut the ribbon and at least work a three hour shift with harry.

it was going to be fun, but also really hectic.

it was thursday now, two days before lilac was expected to leave. when i had first saw her it made me think that maybe this wasn't a temporary stay. thank god that it was.

"hey." she said casually, walking into the living room with a bowl full of french toast like she lived here. we hadn't spoke in almost a day's time, probably because we both knew where we had left off the last time she set foot in our house.

i changed the channel and pulled out my phone, wanting to text harry. that way it would be less awkward when she sat down on the couch next to me like i expected her to. "hey lilac." i tried to say with the least emotion possible.

she frowned and sat next to me, as i guessed she would.

right away i texted harry.

me: how are you? i know it's 11am and you're tired, but good morning sunshine :)

he didn't answer right away, which was a good sign that he was either asleep or arguing with louis. it was most likely the latter, as him and louis argued quite often.

"we've barely talked." lilac said, and when i glanced at her, she was glaring at me.

i felt breathless under her hard stare. it was difficult to find the right words to say. "yeah.. we haven't."

"im pretty sure you know why." she said quickly. and it was true; i did.

i nodded and eyed her plate. the food looked really good and i wondered if she had cooked that herself. "yeah, i do." i confirmed for her and she smirked. "it took me a while to figure out the truth but i did. and that's all that matters." i swallowed hard.

she grinned and took a bite of her food. "i could tell from the celebrity that was sitting in your living room and holding your hand." she raised an eyebrow at me. was she trying to act like she was some motherly figure to me? because she sure wasn't. "so are you and harry dating, then? i can imagine that there were some lies involved."

my phone buzzed.

"one second." i said lowly, and quietly thanked harry for texting me at the right moment. she gave me a suspicious look before continuing to eat her food, not paying me any mind anymore.

harry: sorry, just woke up! i finally fixed that nail that sticks out at the bottom of the stairs. louis can't cut his foot open on that any longer.

i smiled to myself. i could imagine harry sitting at his dining table, texting me over a plate of his delicious pancakes with louis next to him.

me: he cut his foot on a nail? wow, nice of you to save the day :)
harry: i know. hey, i was wondering if you wanted me to come over so we could read some more of my journal? there's something i want to show you.

i wouldn't have minded that at all, but with lilac here, likely ready to spy on my every move, i wasn't so sure if that was a safe idea for either of us.

but since i was an absolute fool for harry, i texted him to say that was fine and to come around two. it was eleven in the morning now, so i had some time to change and finish the conversation with my hostile sister.

i locked my phone and right after, lilac cleared her throat. she had already finished her food, and now i had her undivided attention.

she cocked her head to the side. "so what was it?"

"what was what?" i asked, even though i knew well what she meant.

it was hard to explain, but talking to my sister felt like i was being put on trial by a judge.

"the lie." she said sternly. "what'd you lie to him about? there had to be something, knowing that you grew up by the same people i did."

she was smart. too smart.

i twiddled with my thumbs and thought for a minute. she wasn't really going to care that much. what happened was in the past and behind me, and harry. we were happy now. all that lying and stealing happened a long time ago.

"i stole his journal."

she just smiled. "basic. that happens."

she was actually really understanding about that, and took it quite well. that made me smile. "he's coming over around two." i said, fueled by my sudden boost of confidence.

she nodded and stood up from the couch. it felt like a huge weight was lifted from my chest, but at the same time it felt like some of the tensity that laid between lilac and i had been eased as well. "tell harry i said that he made the right choice. because if you were smart enough to realize that our parents have been lying to us our whole lives, then you're smart enough to know how to date a celebrity when he gets off of that break."

she walked out the room and suddenly i felt numb with only one thought on my mind.

harrys break was ending in five months, seeing as it was the beginning of october. and that meant paparazzi following us everywhere we went, seeing harry less than i already do, getting nasty comments from fans, and suddenly being thrown into the spotlight.

i hadn't thought about it before, but now that i had i wasn't sure if i could handle it.