10

H A R R Y

me: i don't know who it could be.

mary miller the journal thief: me either. who would think of something so terrible? i can't believe they leaked your number.

i just read the message and sighed. she was so weird. why was she doing all of this to me? she acted like she liked me. i didn't know what i did to make her hate me. it was probably really dumb of me to give her my number after i changed it, but i didn't care.

truth was, i liked her. she was just like an enigma. she was so sweet in person but the things she had done to me on twitter were monstrous. i had never thought she was capable of doing that.

soon i was going to have to be upfront with her and confront her.

gee, everyone i associated myself with only used me for my fame to get a little taste themselves. but the sad truth was that i had found myself attracted to mary and all she was. even if she was a liar and a thief, and ultimately a bully. maybe i needed to raise my standards.

already deep in thought, my phone chimed again.

from: PENNY not pete
want to do that again some other night? i had fun, and jealous mary doesn't have to know. she just wants to get in your pants and steal your fame. she's done it to about everyone else, so just trust me on this. come over? ;)

i gagged, literally. she was nice and all but the way that she was turning her back on her friend so quickly made her seem so ugly. i hated people like that.

but maybe i could have her at hand for another reason...

me: actually, can you come over to my place? we need to talk.

PENNY not pete: alright, what's your address?

i sent her my address.

PENNY not pete: be right over harry boo!

again, i gagged.

after texting penny i realized that my phone had almost blown up with texts from my mom, and my best friend louis. he was asking if i wanted to go to some music festival next weekend with him and his girlfriend, and my mom was asking where i 'hid' the maple syrup.

i laughed to myself and answered louis first.

me: anyone good playing?

louis!!!: no, just some local people. but there's going to be... wait for it... free. beer. man, you can't turn that down :)

me: it sounds tempting... but who am i going to go with? you'll be kissing up on your girlfriend and then what am i to do?

louis!!!: im pretty sure you have a girl that's on your mind, haz! ask her.

me: how many times do i have to ask you not to call me that? im not 16 any more.

louis!!!: i have to go, but text me later alright?

me: bye ugly.

louis!!!: bye uglier.

me: </3

he read the message and didn't answer. god, i was so funny. how did my family even deal with me?

really, if i were to be honest with myself, i didn't want to go. the festival sounded like a dumb idea. local artists? that sounds like just anyone on the streets can make a band and perform. what a waste of time and money.

but if i took mary, maybe it would be fun. i was so sure that she'd like it. and if she did, so did i.

just then, there was a hard knock at my front door.