11

P E N N Y

when i knocked on the door for harrys house, i was feeling a lot of emotions at the same time. excitement, fear, anxiety-- what was so important that harry wanted me to come over to his house, and not the opposite?

he answered, holding a tall glass of lemonade. he extended it out for me and i almost fainted.

harry styles was giving me lemonade. this is like a dream come true.

"come in." he gestured for me to come inside, so i did. i sat with him on a red velvet couch that sat in the middle of his luxurious living room.

this felt totally unreal. i mean, i had thought harry was hot, but this was a totally different level. seeing him in person, having him invite me to his house-- i felt like i was dreaming. like none of this was real.

"so..." he pulled his legs up on the couch and sat indian style. that's when i noticed he was wearing dark skinny jeans. oh my god. going against mary was totally worth this. she was a thief anyway. and no one likes those.

i giggled. "so... what?"

he smiled at me. i felt like passing out on the spot. "do you think that mary has a thing for me?"

my heart sank.

no-- it stopped in place.

all this time i thought he was going to ask to make out with me or watch a movie or something. but no, he wants to know about mary! after he had just taken me out on that date, of all nerve!

but i kept my calm and gave him a senseless smile. that was all i could do at the moment. "i have the faintest idea."

maybe mary was turning me into a liar myself.

"does she ever say anything about me?" he gave me an innocent smile, the same one that he always did at the concerts to the fans that made me go weak at my knees. "like, does she ever talk about me a lot?"

this was disgusting.

"i don't know."' i said honestly. "she's weird. we haven't talked in a while."

he leaned in. it was evident that he wanted to get to know mary a lot more. and for what? only to find out that she was holding the thing he needed most? i felt bad for him. "what do you mean, weird?" he asked me.

i sighed. "she's not a good person, harry. i would not get involved."

just saying that made him want to even more, i could tell. why did he like her so much? i was so much better than her. "how is she not a good person?"

i kept quiet.

"hey, there's something i need to show you." he said calmly, and the butterflies came rushing back again. even though he may not have had his eyes on me, he was talking to me and that was a start. i could always make him fall for me.

he pulled out his phone and opened twitter. i watched as he typed in "exposingharrystyles" in the search bar, and my head spun in circles. please don't tell me this is the work of mary.

harry looked up at me with a sad expression of his face. "look as these tweets." he said solemnly, and handed the phone over to me. "someone is leaking all of the information in my journal."

the most recent tweet was leaking his credit card information.

"how'd you fix that?" i asked, my eyes almost bulging out of their sockets. mary was mental.

harry just shook his head in distaste. "i called the credit union only to find out that someone had spent one million of my money on concert tickets. i cancelled my card."

okay, now after hearing that i seriously wanted to kill her. her lies were fun at first, taking money so we could go binge shopping-- but this? this was taking it to far.

i scrolled down farther into the account. she had already given out his phone number as well, along with a few of the words to a song they were apparently going to release.

she craved the attention. she loved it.

tears were starting to form in harry's eyes. "do you have any idea who did this to me?"

"no." i lied. "but i will help you track her-- i mean them, down."

"and i won't stop until they're caught."