03

M A R Y

afterwards, harry wrote his famous insignia on our cups. as expected, penny freaked out which was not useful at all.

i was so under pressure, and the journal was peeking out of my purse-- threatening to be seen by harry's naked eye.

"well, thanks for the drinks." i said, clasping my hands together firmly. as weird as it may seem, i wanted to get rid of harry as quick as possible. "it was nice running into you."

harry just leaned over the wooden table, his jade eyes glimmering in the artificial light. he smiled so wide, his signature dimples were standing out in his cheeks. "you two have been so nice to me." he finally commented. "most fans just mob me and rip my clothes apart."

penny snickered. "we're not like that."

"i can tell." he said, his voice light as a balloon. "how about i talk to you two another time? i would love to be friends with the couple of you."

"i love your accent." penny giggled. harry just beamed back at her.

it was hard not to say no to him, but the journal in my purse begged to differ. what if he wanted to come over one day and saw it in one of my drawers? what would happen if he found out? he would surely get me put in jail.

he looked at me expectantly. "well?" he asked. "i asked if you would like to get a picture together and save your number in my phone."

okay-- was this really happening? out of all circumstances.

"s-sure." i stammered, and he stood from his chair. i did the same and stood by his side.

"penny, right?" he asked and she nodded enthusiastically.

"he remembered my name." she hummed, off in her own world like she was in a trance of sorts.

"can you take this picture for us?"

he handed her the phone carefully and she held it up with shaking hands. "make a pose together." she said with a shaky voice. "the lighting is good."

i warily stood next to harry and it took me by surprise when he wrapped one of his arms around me. i trembled under his foreign touch, but still smiled for the camera.

there was a loud click and a flash, and then penny took her face away from the phone. "it looks A-1." she chuckled, and when harry walked over she held it up for him to see.

he laughed lightly and showed it to me. it did look pretty nice. "can you send that to me?"

he held out his phone for me. "give me your number then, mary miller." and his eyes were locked on mine.

*

these are short chapters so it's a lot more easier to read :) I prefer it over longer ones