39

M A R Y

louis and i had grown a friendship over the following week.

harry had hesitantly given him my number, and at exactly 5:34 am i got a text.

xxx-xxxx: hey bitch it's louis

you didn't have to ask me twice about which louis it could have possibly been. i didn't know any other, and leave it to louis tomlinson to greet me with a derogatory term.

at first i didn't want to answer. louis didn't seem like the kind of person to be my best friend or anything. he was the insulting type, and i was the endearing type.

but i decided to, anyway. i mean, what could it hurt? i saved him in my contacts as "louis".

me: hello. how are you?
louis: please don't tell me you text like harry
louis: it's so boring
louis: he's always like "all the love" and grammar and shit
me: :( don't insult harry.
louis: ohhhh shit i forgot you two are a thing now
louis: so how does it feel?
louis: has he sent you nudes yet?
louis: have you sucked his dick? it's kinda small
me: you take double texting to another level...
me: but no he hasn't and no i haven't wtf?
louis: sorry. his butt is small too innit
me: no ha ha i think it's pretty large?

louis added harry!!! to the group message
louis, harry!!!

me: OMG louis stop!
harry!!!: hey babe :) i miss you
harry!!!: louis why the fuck did you add me
louis: mary said you have a fat ass ;-)
me: no i did not!!!
louis: so you think it's small?
harry!!!: :(

harry!!! changed the group text name to:
mary thinks my butt is tiny im crying

me: harry
louis: look what you did you slut
me: i should've never answered your fucking text
me: all ur doing is starting shit louis
harry!!!: laughing emoji
me: harry are you okay?
louis: u bloody kiss up,, harry just send her nudes already
harry: attachment: 1 image
me: god

it was so early in the morning and the last thing i wanted to see was harry's junk sent straight to the group convo. why were they up, anyway? harry was known to go to sleep fairly early. i hardly knew louis. it was strange how they were so close that louis could see a picture like that and be totally cool with it, like it was nothing.

i turned my brightness down and locked the screen, pulling the comforter over my head for more warmth. it was getting cold now, and sleeping in shorts and a sports bra wasn't helping any.

right away, there was a knock at the door. i didn't want my parents to have to get up, so i hopped out of bed and groggily trudged down the stairs. there was a light rapping and then a pounding on the door. couldn't this person have any patience?

i tried to get a glimpse of who it was through the peephole with no avail. it was too dark outside. and who would knock on our door in the middle of the night, anyway?

i opened the door.

"surprise!" louis exclaimed, standing expectantly like his presence was a present. "happy to see me?"

"no, what the hell are you doing here in the middle of the night?" i asked in a hushed whisper. hanging out with louis would've been nice for some other time, like maybe when there was daylight outside.

i had forgotten what i had been sleeping in, until louis covered his eyes playfully. "bloody hell, mary-- is there something harry doesn't know about?"

i perked up immediately. that was the last thing i wanted louis blabbing about to harry. "no!" i exclaimed, crossing my arms over my chest to cover my boobs. "don't play like that! i don't want to lose harry."

louis gagged and rolled his eyes. i was scared that jett would come down only to see another celebrity at our house. he'd kiss him as well, but louis would beat him senseless. "you're all over him." he chortled. "he's not even that cute."

i pouted. "yes, he is."

louis scoffed.

"what are you doing here, anyway?" i frowned, my arms still providing somewhat of a barrier over my chest. "it's the middle of the night."

"want to come over and spend the night with harry and i?" he asked excitedly. that was even more confusing.

"wait..." i whispered, trying my best to avoid being heard by my family. "you and harry live together?"

"yes." he mocked me with an exaggerated whisper. "are you coming or not?"

i sighed. my parents would so kill me for sneaking out to stay over with a boy-- two boys, at that. and both were at least three years older than me.

but i did not want to say no to louis, and especially not to harry. i hadn't seen him since monday, since school would be starting in exactly seven days, so i missed him. i was sure the "slumber party" would be fun.

"let me pack my things." i said in defeat, and louis let out a shout of victory. a black range rover in the driveway honked its loud horn several times.

"damnit, louis!" i seethed. "you're making it really hard for me not to get caught right now."

he laughed like it was some sort of joke. it probably was to him. it probably was. "just pack your shit and meet us in the car. harrys waiting and so am i."

he turned on his heel and left. wow, harry was right. louis had more sass in his entire body than i did in my left foot. i didn't see how it would be possible to cope with that on a daily basis, and especially living with him.

the door was still left open, and when i realized that harry was seeing me exposed right now, i shut the door quickly and tiptoed upstairs to get changed.

too bad i didn't know what was in store.