Chapter 21

Dereks POV

 "Why?" I thought as I walked out of the building. Not only had I been alone with Macy but I walked away leaveing her in the hall.

Its was for the best though, after all she was Nick younger smarter sister. It wouldnt be right to date my bestfriends sister would it? 

I shook my head "Stop thinking about her" I mummbled to myself walking through the deserted car lot.

I looked around making sure the security car wasnt anywhere close to where I was parked. The old man who drives the security car will literally run you off of the street if you try to leave school early. If you bring up him running you into a ditch to the front office the only person getting in trouble is you.

Getting in Trouble mostly means detention which means I already have a reserved seat at each session.

I opened the door to my old car and hoped for some magical reason that it would be silent instead of loud and obnoxious.

Seconds later I found out that my car hadnt changed at all and it seemed even louder than normal.

I froze for a second then saw the security car headed down a few rows ahead of me headed in my direction. "shoot" I said throwing the car in reverse and backing out of the spot quickly.

I checked one last time to see where the security car was, surpriseingly the small white car was behind me.

 "Great" I said turning up my music and slamming my foot down on the pedal causing a huge cloud of smoke to come from my tires before I took off.

I glanced back seeing that security car still following me. I dont know how since its just a security car meant for just driving around the parking lot, not high speed chases.

I drifted out of the schools parking lot after a good five minute race around the parking lot with the security car.

"Yeah!" I yelled looking back at the parking lot as I drove towards work. I reached down in my pocket to call Nick.

My eyes went wide when I felt nothing in my pocket. "Wait what?" I asked thinking about where my phone could be.

"I had the phone in autotech, in math, in english and in scien....." I paused remembering that Macy had taken it before the project.

"Oh man" I mummbled not beileveing the fact that I left my phone with her, especially with what the wallpaper was at the moment.

I was bored in English this morning and started messing with wallpaper choices on my phone. My teacher called my name to explain an oximoron so I had closed my phone leaving the last wallpaper on it.

It wouldnt be that bad if it wasnt the picture of Macy, Nick and Me when we were younger. In the photo Macy has short pigtails, a missing front tooth and a purple dress. Nick and Me have matching mo-hawks. I have no idea whos party the photo was taken at but I remember Nick being mad at me for being nice to her instead of squirting her with my water gun.

What was i going to do if she opened it? Could I make up a lie about it? Maybe I can tell her my phones been acting funny and setting  random stuff as wallpapers or maybe i could tell her I miss selected and meant to pick the one below it. Hopefully one of these ideas would work on her.

I drove to the auto shop and clocked in. Another day of working on cars, talking to customers, and trying to ignore the girls flirting for lower prices.

My shift would give me plenty of time to think about a lie to explain the wallpaper.

"whatever ill deal with it later." I said as I walked into the office.

____________________________________________________________

Hey :D Thanks for reading,

I know its short but ill post again tomarrow for sure.

Sorry I left you guys with the last cliff hanger, I had meant to post yesterday but ended up going out of town. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter and enjoy finding out what it was that macy saw when she opened the phone.

As always let me know what you think about the book and also let me know if you have an idea for the book :D.

<3 DI

P.S.- I would love to know who is your favorite in the story so far :). Tucker? Macy? Derek? Nick? Or maybe even Her dad (i doubt it though lol).