Chapter Sixty- Two

I took another step back. His left eye was bright red, like a newborn vampire, his other bright gold like when we were kids. "Jay? What happened?" I said, my voice so quiet, it was barely above a whisper.

"You saved me, but you changed me," Jay said, falling back onto the bed, facing us.

"Are you, okay?" I said, small fear bubbling in my chest.

Jay's eyes flickered to me, his eyes sad. He said nothing. Damion walked into the room. "Eternity, I need to talk to you, now," Damion said, not even giving Jay a glance. 

I put a hand over my stomach as I gave Jay one last look before following Damion out of the room. Damion kept walking, and I kept following. Soon I began to go anxious, my heart pounding in my ears. I didn't say anything, and soon we were in Hector's office. Damion stood there facing the queen and king, while they looked to me. "We're retiring," Charlotte said. 

I froze, my mind not understanding, my heart did. "R-retiring?" I  said, my eyes wide. 

"Yes, Hector and I have reserved our hunting castle out in the west, we will be living there while you and Damion rise into your era of rule," Hector said standing.

I looked to Damion, he was looking at me, waiting to see how I would react. I looked down at my stomach, I would be able to tell my child in a few days to a few weeks possibly, but how could I take over a kingdom while I was human? And with child? "This is not up to you, it is up to us, and unless you want to see the vampire economy fall, I will assume you will go to the rising ceremony next week," Charlotte said, before sweeping out of the room, her gown flowing behind her.

I stopped, my heart racing, both Hector and Damion stared at me as I fell to the ground, everything going black.

When I opened my eyes I was in Damion and I's bedroom. I curled up in the blanket, realizing I was right next to Damion. I curled up into his arms and he kissed the top of my head. "You're going to be queen," he said into the top of my head.

"And you're going to be king," I said looking up at him.

He kissing me and I smiled against his lips. "I love you," he said with a smile.

"I love you too," I said kissing him again.

He pulled the blanket back and put a hand on my stomach, closing his eyes. His eyes then drawn together. "What baby?" I asked putting a hand over his.

"The heartbeat sounds irregular, like it's too fast," Damion said sitting up.

"Is that bad?" I asked, very worried.

He leaned down and put an ear to my stomach. He was there for a few minutes and I waited. He then slowly got up, a huge smile on his face. I waited for him to say something. "There are two heartbeats," he said quietly.

I felt my eyes go wide and a smile break across my face. "Twins?" I whispered.

"Twins," he said whooping.

He got up and started to dance around and I laughed, held my stomach as I laughed, he looked so dumb. "Baby, we're having TWINS!" he screamed.

I knew everyone heard but neither of us cared, we were happy, and that's all I cared about. 

Once we'd finally calmed down I set out to talk to Jay, I needed to get this done and over with. I walked into his room and he was laying in the dark on his bed. "You've fed?" I said shutting the door behind me.

He didn't say anything, I took that as a yes. "In a way this is partly what you wanted," I said walking over to him.

He was up in a flash. "I never wanted to be a monster!" he said, so calm, it was scary.

"A vampire is a monster, you wanted to be one of us. No it wasn't fair to you, but you just didn't know about your past," I said calmly.

"I heard you and Damion in your old room,  twins huh?" he said looking to my stomach.

"Yeah," I said laying a hand on my stomach.

"You know, when we were younger I used to imagine me and you like that, us with children of our own, a nice two storied house. But now look at us," he said looking down.
I knew he liked me when we were younger, but it seemed like he still did. "Look at us," I said quietly, and looked up at the ceiling.

Look at us indeed.