Chapter Thirty

It's been about three months since the night of Kat's eternal death. I've really gotten the hand of being a vampire, I mean it's pretty cool. The queen, Charlotte, has been trying to get a way for me to collect powers and learn how to summon them. Ray was actually super happy about waking up and being stronger than his brother, and faster. The funny part was,

Hanalie and Ray were mates. As soon as they saw each other, Hanalie freaked out, she was happy of course. Ray was just happy he had a girlfriend and his brother didn't. Jay was getting used to staying in a castle, apparently they moved out of their mom's house together, shockingly, and tried to get their own place, so it was alright with them to stay here. Damion and I were the same as always, if not closer. I had even done more reading from Hector's library, I was almost a pro on vampires in general. Jack was my new tutor and I was right about him being intelligent.

So I was still working towards my degree, which was good. There hasn't been any sign of Roman, no activity or suspicions, nothing. None of us knew whether or not this was a good or bad thing. There were a lot of things we weren't sure of now and days.

"Eternity!"

I spun around and saw Jay running towards me. "Yeah?" I said cocking my head.

"I am so fucking sick of Ray bragging off how much being a vampire is so cool," Jay grumbled walking besides me.

I had just picked up an armful of books from Hector's library and was heading back to my room. "Well I don't think I'm gonna turn you into a vampire, and neither with Damion," I said shrugging.

"By the way I started the vampire history book you're making me read," Jay said rolling his eyes.

"Look, since you're most likely going to be sticking with us for a long time, I'd feel better if you knew how to kill or at least protect yourself from vampires," I said looking to him.

"All you have to do is take a stick and shove it through their heart right?" Jay said dropping his crossed arms.

"Not exactly, just read the damn book you pussy," I laughed.

"Excuse you?" he said with a bewildered expression.

"You're excused," I said.

We then both burst out laughing, laughing at each other laughing, laughing at why we couldn't stop. We soon had to sit down in the hall and regain ourselves. "You're an idiot," I smiled at him.

"I know," he sighed.

We then got up and kept walking. "So when are Ray and I going to continue working on our degree like you?" Jay asked.

"Whenever you want, I have classes with Jack on the weekdays," I said looking to him.

"But today's Friday...?" Jay said in a confused tone.

"Exactly, and class just ended for me, so you're going to have to wait until Monday," I shrugged.

Jay sighed, obviously not really wanting to do it but realizing he needed to. "Hey, today's Friday, why don't we all go out to a club or something?" I smiled.

"You're so right! We haven't been clubbing in forever!" Jay said, suddenly excited.

"I don't know if Damion will let us go though," I said trailing off.

"Well screw him, we'll sneak out!" Jay said, a flash in his eyes, I could hear his heart pace quicken excitedly.

"Damion and I are mates Jay, we can feel when one of us are not close," I said rolling my eyes.

His eyes drooped in disappointment. "Sorry Jay, I can't help it," I smiled.

"I don't know, it's whatever. I think I'm just going to go back to my room and read, Okay?" he said turning around.

"See you later Jay," I said and blurred to my room.

I spent the next few hours just reading casually, until Damion came in looking so annoyed I was worried. "What happened?" I asked getting up.

"Hanalie would just shut up about stupid Ray and her, like do I really care?" Damion said running his hands down his face.

I smiled and leaned up and kissed him. "She has been waiting for a mate for the longest time," Damion sighed, gazing into my eyes.

"It's been boring at the castle, when do you think we could get our own place?" I said, not really thinking. 

Damion's eyes flickered. "I don't know, I'd feel safer if you lived in the castle," he said pushing a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"Well I mean, I kind of just want it to be me, you, Jay, and Ray, you know," I said looking up at him. 

"Hana would have to come along too then if Ray would," Damion said.

A grin broke across my face, he was considering it. "I'll see what I can do," he said, leaning down to kiss me once more.

I just gazed up at him, 

smiling.