Chapter Three

As I lifted my head, my brain pounded in response. I groaned loudly, I felt awful. I looked to my left to see I had vomited. "Shit," I groaned looking for my phone. 

I found it lodged in my bra. I looked at the time, I was going to be late for work. 

Since I was taking college classes I only worked on the weekends and Wednesdays. Today was Saturday. I got up and ran towards where I was maybe positive where the mansion was. Although my running caused my stomach to wade and protest, I held back and just kept going. When I finally got to the mansion I burst inside, unconscious people littered the yard and house. I went upstairs to Jay's bedroom. He was sleeping alone, which was not what I was expecting. 

I grabbed my stuff quickly before rushing to the cafe. I got inside and the costumers looked at me like I was half mad. I dragged my stuff into the bathroom and changed into a spare uniform. I brushed my hair and redid my makeup. I then shoved everything in to my duffel bag and left the bathroom. I put my bag behind the counter out of the way, thankful my boss was gone today. "Where were you?" my co worker Jamie asked with wide eyes.

"Just woke up in the woods, don't ask," I groaned.

Although I was part time manager, I helped wait and serve to costumers, to get more pay. Tanya's Cafe was in town square, it was pretty popular. "Any orders to be served?" I asked rubbing the back of my head.

"Yeah, too many, thank god you're here," Jamie smiled.
I helped wait and finally pulled myself together after an hour or so. "Hey, there's a table ready to be taken orders from, it's all yours," Jamie said going into the kitchen.

I nodded and grabbed my order book and headed towards the only table not eating. It was a group of three guys, all dressed in dark casual clothing. "Hello, welcome to Tanya's, how may I help you?" I asked looking up.

My eyes connected with one of the guys and my heart stopped, my skin itched and my eyes burned. I looked down and waited for them to speak. They all just ordered black coffee and as soon as the last one was done speaking I bustled off. Everything to be heightened today, which I didn't understand since my hangover was killing me. I could hear clearer and I could move easier, if that made sense. My body felt stiff but comfortable, I truly didn't understand. I looked out the window while preparing their orders, the sun even behind tinted glass was hard to look at. 

I shook my head ignoring my stupidity and headed back out into the dining area. I was close to the table, they weren't paying attention to me. Their heads were close together, talking quietly, but I could hear them. "Is that her?" 

"Yes that's her! I think I'd know!"

"I don't know, she doesn't seem like she's gone through the change yet."

"Because she hasn't! It only happened last night, I practically jumped her!" 

"Dumb ass."

"How are we gonna do this then?" 

"I don't know she is a princess-" they stopped talking as I hurried forward. 

I placed their coffees on the table. "We have extra whipped cream if you'd like some," I said remembering the can in my butt pocket, even though my body was numb.

"Yeah," the one with whipped black hair said, his eyes were dangerous black, intriguing me. 

I didn't gaze back and instead did perfect whips of cream on each other their coffees with dangerous speed. I looked at my hand with wide eyes, was I the only one who saw my hand blur? I shook my head and mumbled, "there you go," before dashing away with my head down. 

"Hey girl, you don't look so well, head on home, I'll cover for you," Jamie said in a low tone as I entered the kitchen, her eyes low and sincere. 

"Thanks Jamie, I owe you," I said taking off my apron.
"Damn right you do," Jamie smiled, then winked before heading back out into the dining area. 

I changed in the restroom before throwing my bag over my shoulder and rushing out. I glanced at the table and saw that all three of the boys, 

were gone.