Chapter Twenty-Seven

At sundown I had changed into a pair of black leggings, easy to run in, a black loose shirt, comfortable, black and white chuck taylors, and threw my hair into a ponytail. I guess I was just kind of wearing all black because I wanted to look stealthy. Damion had done the same though, so don't judge me. In all we all had a small search party going out. It was Damion, Chase, Jack, Fredrick, Hana, and I going. Hana was really upset about Elodie's death, apparently they had been best friends. Everyone wore all black, we kind of looked like a group of goths. We set out just as the sun began to set, I knew that if Kat was in England with us she would want to be dramatic, especially if she was playing bad guy. She would be in a cemetery, she always liked them anyway, now she'll just have a somewhat excuse to be in one all the time. "Alright, I've got a whole list of cemeteries near the island," Chase said as we walked out of the castle. 

"She'll probably want to be somewhere near enough to get a look over the island," Damion said.

Jack nodded, I was beginning to catch on Jack didn't talk much, but he always had an answer. "There are at least three or four huge ass cemeteries near the island," Hana said with a huff, she was dressed in a glittery black outfit.

"True, but we have the whole night, I'm sure," Chase said.

We then went to the nearest cemeteries by the island. The first one was way too neat for Kat, and I knew instantly she'd want something older with more characteristics, something creepier. So the second was oldish, so we checked it out. She wasn't there, I didn't scent her at all. The third was too new like the first, so we went to the fourth, by then it was midnight. "This is the last one, if she's not here, your theory was wrong your highness," Fredrick said.

"Call me Eternity, I don't like that," I smiled at him.

The cemetery dated back at least a couple decades. It was perfect, for Kat anyway. We went through the rows, not speeding, just breathing in the sweet scent of the nature that had taken over the cemetery. "What are we going to do if she's here?" I asked, then worried.

"Arrest her of course, or at least drag her back to the guards at the castle," Damion said nodding to Chase and Jack who were playing a game of 'I Spy with My Little Eye'.

Hana was picking flowers from the over growths and placing them on the gravestones, Fredrick was just scanning the graveyard, looking for any signs of other life. Damion was right though, Jack and Chase were guards, they were used to arrests...right? And then all of the sudden I smelt it, it was so tiny and faint, but I knew it was her. "Fredrick!" I snapped.

He was by my other side in a blink. He smelt the air. He nodded and quietly motioned towards one of the tombs. We all blurred quickly to the one Fredrick pointed at. In a blink Fredrick ripped the door open and barged through, Jack and Chase right behind him. It was a silent barge, yet when I peek over Jack's arm, he was holding me back, there was no one inside. "Her scent is strong here," Fredrick said, although I could scent her, it was like a ripple smell, I smelled her and then I didn't, and then I did again. 

Jack took a step in, and looked around once, his eyes darting to the coffin on a risen platform. He then blurred to it and ripped it open easily. "There you go," Jack said. 

We all shuffled forward to see a ladder. "She's defiantly down there," Hana said, the anger in her voice easy to hear.

Damion wrapped his arms around and made me face him. "Look you don't have to go down there, she is your best friend," Damion said, the worry in his eyes unmistakable. 

"Was," I said before blurring around,

and jumping down the hole. 

Hey guys sorry this chapter and the one before was a tad bit short, the next one will be longer, keep reading, and hopefully keep enjoying! -Lost Girl >u<