Chapter Twelve

The next day Damion picked me up after my last class and I thought he was going to drive me to his place but he drove literally a block from the university. "So what do you think?" Damion said pulling into a driveway.

I looked out my window to see the light blue one storied house. "You got it?" I asked looking to him.

"Yup, I already got furniture for the house and everything, I moved out of the other apartment on the other side of the town. I didn't know whether or not you wanted to move your stuff from your apartment here as well, so I left that place untouched," Damion said getting out of the car.

I got all my stuff and got out as well. He led me up to the house and opened the door, I got inside and couldn't believe it. I didn't really grow up in the best living environments, and this place was one hundred times the house I lived in as a kid. The living room was a cabin looking home style while the kitchen in the back left was dark oak, with a dining table of the same color. I saw a door that probably led to the bathroom and then a hallway. I went down the hallway opening one door to a beautiful office space that I knew I was going to love. Then the other door held a bedroom that's main color was white, unlike the rest of the house, it seemed incredulously modern. "It's beautiful!" I said turning around an facing him.

 "I'm glad you like it," he smiled back.

I hugged him tightly, this was awesome, I didn't know how he did it, but he did. I then pulled out my phone and texted Jay, Ray, and Kat the address, telling them to come over. "My friends have to see this," I smiled wide.

He smiled back and within a half hour the gang was here. "Oh my god, talk about ignoring us for the past few days," Kat said angrily.
"I haven't been ignoring you," I said as we all flopped down on the couch, Damion making refreshments. 

"Yes you have," Jay, Ray, and Kat said at the same time.

"I'm sorry guys, I've just had a lot going on," I said honestly.

"Oh like your new boyfriend?" Ray said pouting, sadly losing faith in his Jay/Eternity love story.

I stayed silent and turned on the tv instead. Soon Damion came out with food that everyone seemed interested in. "So who are you?" Jay asked Damion.

"Damion, I just moved here, I take private classes at a different college nearby, Eternity and I are really good friends and thought it'd be a good idea if we shared profits on a home," Damion said smiling a friendly smile.

Jay and Ray looked at each other before Ray said, "So we're not the only rich ones in the friends group anymore."

Kat and I laughed, Damion not understanding the joke, and Jay continued to study Damion. "Where'd you move from?" Jay asked Damion.

"Off the coast of England," Damion said taking a bit out of the sandwiches he made.

"You don't sound very British," Jay said accusingly.

"I learned how to hide my accent," Damion smiled, I could tell he was trying to find out why Jay was being so snoopy.

We continued to watch the dumb tv show and I noticed Kat was studying me. I raised an eyebrow to ask what she was thinking about, but she just looked away. I wondered why my friends were acting so weird, but I decided to ignore it. "So there is another party this weekend," Jay said looking to me with a smile.

"For what? At your place?" I asked looking to him.

"Nothing, just to get drunk. And no it's at this new kid's play, his name's Roman, he's way cool," Jay smiled.

I felt Damion tense up besides me. "Well Damion and I will be there, and come over whenever you guys want, sorry for like ignoring you or whatever," I smiled.

"Yeah well mom wanted Jay and I home by eight because of something with my dad, so we'll see you tomorrow, right?" Ray said looking at me.

"Of course, tell your mom I said hi," I said. 

Jay and Ray got up to leave and so did Kat. "Hey where are you going?" I asked her. 

"Roman wanted to hang out tonight," Kat smiled, like she'd gotten chosen over me.

"Oh okay, see you tomorrow," I smiled.

"Yup," Kat said walking out the door with Jay and Ray. 

I then cleaned up the sandwiches, knowing Damion and I won't eat them. I opened the fridge to see the entire bottom shelf full of bottles of blood. I grabbed two and tossed Damion one. "Wanna go watch a movie in our room?" Damion asked.

I froze before stuttering out, "Sure."

We went to the room and a flat screen tv hung up on the wall. I looked around for some kind of pajamas. "Here," Damion said tossing me one of his shirts.
I awkwardly went to the bathroom to change. I came back with his shirt going to the very top of my thigh. I hopped into bed and covered up in the blanket, Damion already had a horror movie on. "So why'd you tense up when the guys were talking about Roman?" I asked as he laid next to me, quite close might I add.

"He's another well known vampire in the court, he had tried to get with Hanalie a long while back when she had made it pretty clear she didn't like him. Lets just say the guards had to drag him out, it wasn't a pretty sight," Damion said with a stretch. 

"Oh, do you think he'll do something to Kat?" I asked worried.

"It's hard to tell, I guess we'll just have to hope not," Damion said with a shrug, gazing into my eyes.

I then cuddled into the bed, thinking about if Kat was safe or not, and she wasn't,

I knew I was going to blame myself.