Chapter One

"Eternity!"

The teacher shouted my name as though I had just offended the dying tiger race that he loved dearly. I looked to him and he smacked the board with his hand. "Answer please," he said looking at me intensely.

I said the answer and he spit another student's name. "Damn that was close," Jay said looking at me with a smile.

"What that you almost got caught," I rolled my eyes.

Jay was smoking in class, he's just looking for an suspension. "You ready for the Halloween party at Ray's this Friday?" Jay asked smiling at me.

"Your brother is crazy for thinking that he's gonna get some kind of popularity out of this," I said writing down the notes the teacher was writing on the board.

"He's kind of right though, the whole school is talking about it," Jay shrugged.

The teacher turned around and glared at Jay before going back to the board. "Why does he constantly look at me as though I've killed his dog?"Jay asked taking a puff of his E-cigarette.

I giggled and said, "You probably did."

The teacher's head snapped back, and in that moment he reminded me of an owl. "Mr. Duo I suppose you have written down all the notes?" the teacher asked glaring.

I then also understood why Jay said the teacher looks at him like he killed his dog, because he really did look at him like that. "Whelp, I'm working on it," Jay said shoved his E-cigarette in his pocket.

The teacher slowly turned back around, gazing over the room. Finally when the bell for last class rang Jay and I slowly made our way over to Jay's car, where Ray and Kat waited. "Sup guys," Ray said smiling his nearly famous crooked smile.

"Hey," I smiled getting into the back seat, organizing all of my stuff.

"You guys are still coming over, right?" Jay asked looking at Kat and me.

"Yeah," Kat and I answered at the same time.

Oh, well let me explain my friends to you by the way. Jay and Ray were almost identical twins, you wouldn't be able to tell them apart if they didn't have complete opposite personalities and hair color. Jay being a dark chocolate brunette with deep brown eyes, Ray a blonde with bright blue eyes. Kat was had blood red hair with yellow contacts with a black slit, looking like a cat, yup no irony there.

Myself, on the other hand, had natural jet black hair with bright blue eyes, freckles scattering over the bridge of my nose and under my eyes. We all got in Jay's car, I in passenger, Kat and Ray in the backseat. "You guys ready for our Halloween party tomorrow?" Ray asked smiling at me through the rear view mirror.

"Our? There is no our, this is all you bro, just in case this is an absolute fail," Jay said taking a sharp turn.

Ray rolled his eyes and then turned to Kat and I, still expecting an answer. "Yup," we said at the same time, we do this a lot if you couldn't tell.

"I'm thinking about getting my own car, but mom said she doesn't trust me as much as Jay," Ray said shrugging.

"Because I'm older," Jay said smirking.

"By, like, fifteen seconds!" Ray said throwing his hands in the air.

I forgot to say, Jay and Ray are both extremely wealthy. Their father had started a business which was still extremely on top charts of most used items, I never really wondered what the company was, but for all I know, it could be Mc Donalds.

When we got to the Duo mansion, their mother, Kathrine, was out talking to the gardeners angrily. "Hey mom!" Jay and Ray called to her as we all headed towards the house.

"Hello boys! Hello girls!" Kathrine said in her thick british accent.

Jay and Ray were also extremely british. Kat and I on the other hand, were just boring old regular American, inserts eye roll. We headed up to Jay and Ray's hang out room and Jay instantly asked for some soda for all of us. "What are you guys going as?" Ray asked Kat and I as we set up our homework at the table.

"I was going to go as a vampire," I said casually.

"Alice in wonderland," Kat shrugged.

"Boring," Ray dragged out.

"Oh come on Ray, cut them some slack, we both know they're going to be extremely sexy in their costumes," Jay said winking at Kat and I.

Kat and I bother rolled our eyes, we do that a lot as well. Jay and Ray both flopped onto the couch and began playing Modern Warfare 3. Their volume was up so loud I almost wanted to tell them to just put on headphones so they could both be deaf. "Okay! Unlike you two we actually want to get our homework done. Turn the sound down, or I'll turn it off permanently," Kat snapped.

Ray chuckled before turning it down. We continued doing our homework in a lame fashion. My phone then buzzed.

Kat :): Sometimes those boys truly get on my nerves :c

I looked up at her and smiled. "Everyone gets on your nerves," I whispered.

She shrugged and nodded with a small smile. "Get ready for tomorrow," she said with an evil smile.

I didn't understand Kat's random psychotic states, but this time,

she sent chills down my spine.