Chapter Sixteen

The next day I didn't have any college classes, but I did have work. Damion convinced me to take the day off so we could get all the things in my old apartment organized and sorted out, what to take and what not to take to our new home. When we got to my old place it still looked as though tumblr threw up. We took everything down in a blur, boxing up what I wanted to take and putting the other things in another box for donations. Once we got everything taken care of Damion asked me to wait here while he went and dropped off all the things I didn't want. I sat on the floor with my head resting on the wall. I didn't get to sit there for long before there was a knock on the door. I didn't know who would knock on my door besides Jay, Ray, or Kat. I got up anyway and opened the door, tensing up when Roman was the one standing in the doorway. "Hello Eternity," Roman said smiling, his smile sending chills down my spine.

"Um, if you're looking for Damion, he's not here," I said taking a half step back. 

"Oh, well I wasn't looking for Damion, I was looking for you," Roman said taking a step into the apartment.

"Oh well, um, Damion will be back any second, and then we'll be leaving," I said looking around, Damion's words echoing in my head.

"Good so we have a few seconds alone," Roman said blurring fast into the apartment, pinning me to a wall, his hands on either side of my head.

I couldn't breath, my heart was hammering, my body going numb. Where was Damion? I looked for a way out, but nothing seemed possible to get out of a vampire's reach. Roman leaned in close and burrowed his nose into my neck, and for a moment, I was petrified he was going to bite me. "I hate the smell of royal blood," Roman growled into my neck.

I looked around, waiting for Damion to appear. "I've taken an interest in you Eternity Wellhart," Roman said before vanishing into thin air.

Damion then came in, saw my petrified look, and rushed over. "What happened?" Damion said, his arms wrapping around me. 

"Roman," was all I could say before falling into Damion.

I should be stronger about this, I shouldn't be afraid of Roman, but I was, I was absolutely terrified. 

After we got home and I had chugged a bottle of blood, I flopped back onto the couch, Roman's words echoing throughout my head. "Don't worry about him, I'll have Jack and Chase take care of him, he won't be within a mile of you," Damion said sitting next to me, pulling me into his lap. 

"Jack and Chase?" I asked looking to him, guessing they were a few of his guards.

"They're my most trusted guards, and my best friends, the guys you saw at the cafe," Damion said cuddling me close. 

"Are they always around?" I asked looking around slightly. 

"Yeah, usually within half a mile, they have the ability to latch onto a royal blood and know when they are in danger," Damion said looking down at me.

"Why haven't I met them?" I asked confused.

"Because you've never asked," said someone behind us.

I jumped up and looked behind us.  The guys from the cafe stood their in a attention stance. One had blonde hair and green eyes, the other had brown eyes and black hair. "I'm Jack," said the one with black hair. 

"And I'm Chase," the blonde said happily and perkily. 

"Eternity," I said smiling giving a small wave.
Although I literally just met them and learned their names, I could tell I would like them. Chase seemed happy and hyper, Jack seemed wise and protective, both of them seemed very pleasant and nice. Damion smiled at both of them. "These two plus you and Hanalie are the only people I can be myself around," Damion said looking at me.

"What do you mean?" I asked looking at him with a questioning glance.

"Well when you're a royal blood you are not allowed to be weak or have any weaknesses, so I can act like I care about you pretty much around my parents, though others I could act differently, and with you, Hanalie, and these two I can be just myself," Damion said, a sad look lingering in his eyes.

"Being a royal blood that is destined to take the throne, it's hard on him. That's why you and his closet friends are the only thing keeping him happy," Chase said leaning on his hands, his elbows propped up on the back of the couch, him being much closer.  

I looked to Damion and wondered how depressing his life really was. I cuddled into Damion anyway. "Well good thing I'm here then," I said smiling.

It's strange how in under a week a normal girl can become a vampire princess, and meet her soul mate. I guess I would never understand why this short era of my life went by in a blink, but I guess I didn't mind, and I didn't care if you did, I guess I'd just continue on with life. Although,

I guess I never saw what was going to happen next.