Chapter Forty-Two

I screamed in agony, I felt it, I felt the raw wooden stake go through my heart, and it was horrible. Worse than the time Damion had his shoulder pierced. Chase burst into the room, saw Roman slowly crippling into dust, but then saw me and rushed to help me. "What happened, how'd you get hurt?" Chase said checking my body for wounds. 

"Roman and I were mates, I kissed him, I was just, doing, what I wanted," I groaned.

"Shit, Damion is going to be so pissed, he has to be feeling this," Chase said swooping me up in his arms and carrying me out of the room.

He blurred away and we got in the car faster than some of those vampires could see, or even comprehend. Chase drove extremely fast and we were back at the hotel in the blink of an eye. Chase carried me upstairs in a blur and Damion greeted us at the door. He looked absolutely fine, and I was envious. I felt as though I was withering away, even though I knew I wasn't. "What happened?" Damion said taking me from Chase's arms and swooping me into our bedroom. 

"Roman," was all Chase said.

Damion nodded and Damion began checking my body wounds. "There aren't any," I rasped.

Damion kept checking anyway, besides my comment. Soon the pain began to edge away and I could move more and more at a time. Before long I hopped off the bed and Damion and Chase were by my side. "So Roman is dead," I said simply, surprised at how easy it was to kill him.

Damion was slightly taken aback, he knew that I felt his pain when I killed him, he knew that I had kissed him. I decided to ignore those thoughts and I looked to Damion. "When are we raiding their compound, because I have a feeling that a lot of Lucious's army has gone down, and I think Lucious wanted it that way," I said.

"At midnight," he said simply. 

"I'm going with," I said not bothering to change.

I walked out to the living room where a group of vampires that were under Damion's lead, and I stood before them. They all stared at me, some staring at my chest more than me in general. "We are raiding Lucious's compound tonight, at midnight, and I don't know how  many of you are ready, but it doesn't seem like you are. I will not stand and watch my mate die because of some weak vampires who don't know what they're doing!" I shouted.

They all stared at me with wide eyes. "This is the prince, he needs guards who know what the hell they're doing!" I shouted. 

"Your highness, we've been trained to protect the prince, we know what we're doing," said one of them, standing. 

"I was waiting to hear that," I said with a smile.

They all gave small brief laughs. "Alright but this is serious, I'm sure Lucious has guards that are just as equally trained and prepared for anything. So this is going to be our attack plan," I said manifesting some paper and a pencil from some cups on the table. 

I drew out and spoke with every single one of them until it was midnight, I think Damion and Chase were proud to see me contributing so much. We left close to midnight, instead of taking rides we blurred there and we there in a few minutes flat. When we got there it was just like before, greeted with silence. I was dressed in all black, same as before. I had a stake in my back waist, ready and prepared. We moved in slowly, just like I had planned, we were like shadows, there but unseen or noticed.

We moved in just like before, but this time when we reached the conference room that Chase and I meeted vampires before, it was completely empty. "Do you think they relocated?" Chase said so quietly under his breath I almost didn't hear him.

Just as Chase said that, voices drifted up through another hall. We followed them, me motioning for us to move out. We moved along, gliding like we were over water. We then dawned upon a lit room, and when I peeked in, it looked like a whole army in there, celebrating. I didn't know what was going on, but when I saw Jack, my heart plummeted. His head snapped my way, I knew he heard our thoughts. It's not safe in there Jack, please just come to us slowly, excuse yourself. Chase and Damion are here, I thought. 

Jack looked around before slowly making his way towards us. They were all dressed in black and white, including Jack. He slipped out of the room and towards us. Jack approached me quickly. "What the hell are you guys doing here?" Jack whispered harshly.

"We're wiping this out," I snapped.

"What? This is a royal army, your army if I'm correct," Jack said, staring at me up and down. 

"Lucious is working with The Fallings," Damion said coming up behind me. 

"What the hell? The prince and princess, you leave this job up to the people who swore their lives to protect you!" Jack whispered, his voice harsh. 

"Look we're going to take care of Lucious and bring him back to the king and the queen, tell them what we know, and whatever happens, happens. But we are withdrawing the royal army against The Fallings, they're coming back with us, and we'll send a whole new army out there, this is up to us now. Lucious, is being thrown out," I said with a harsh tone.

"And who made that decision?" Jack said looking around.

"I did," I said getting in his face. 

I was a princess of the royal court, and I was going to be queen. Some things were just up to me,

just me.