Chapter Fifteen

After I awkwardly got everyone to leave I was left alone with Damion. "What is up with that Roman guy? He creeps me out," I said sitting next to Damion, cuddling into him, his body sending electrical shocks through mine. 

"That's how he acted before he began to take an interest in Hanalie, you stay really close to me when he's around, and if you can prevent it, do not stay in a room alone with him," Damion said wrapping his arm around me, pulling me closer.

"Is he dangerous?" I asked looking up at him.

"He can be," he said looking back, his eyes full of worry. 

"So wait, when am I gonna get to meet Hanalie and the rest of your family?" I then asked.

"When you're finished with college my father thought it'd be best if you moved back into the castle with me," Damion said slowly.

I looked to him confused, hold up, castle? "My father thought you should move back with me immediately but I said that was too much offense to your comfort, I thought I'd let you get your degree, even though you won't need it, and finish out your hard work. I thought that's what you'd want," Damion said smiling.

"Well you were right, I only have one more year left before I finish college. Although you are going to have to elaborate on this god damn castle you didn't think to inform me about!" I said throwing my hands in the air. 

"Yes there is a castle, yes you're a princess, yes all of this happened in under a week, I know it's a lot, but just trust me, okay?" he said slowly leaning towards me, his words getting softer after every one. 

I looked into his eyes, the love and comfort that laid there was overwhelming. I've never felt this much love in my life, and the funny part was, he was practically a stranger. "So what are we going to do about Roman?" I asked in a whisper, my voice unable to evolve. 

"Honestly, as of now, I don't care," he whispered back slowly pushing me back onto the couch and crawling on top of me. 

I felt his lips be drawn to my own, for the electric shock was overpowering, and I wondered if I'd ever get used to the electricity between us. As our lips smashed together at a quickening pace, my heart hammering. I eventually had to force myself to push him away. "We can't do this," I whispered.

"Why not?" He asked as he began to kiss my neck.

My body was tingling with anticipation, I couldn't say no but I knew I couldn't say yes, what was I going to? I knew the logical thing to say was no, but my body said otherwise. "Because," I laughed and got up, he was crazy if he thought I was going to sleep with him.

I hopped off the couch and went to the fridge, leaving Damion groaning at me back on the couch. I threw him a blood bottle and saw him chug it down as I sipped mine. "Aren't vampires ever bored?" I asked cuddling back with him. 

"Yes, very, but when you're a royal blood, you find that you have many things to do. You could say I'm on a, vacation," Damion said smiling.

I smiled back. "I honestly really want to meet your family," I smiled.

"Ha, no, not yet. Trust me, they're a handful," Damion said rolling his eyes. 

"So who's the oldest?" I asked. 

"Well I am, then there's Lucious, then Hanalie,"  Damion said in a matter of fact tone. 

"What's Lucious and Hanalie like?" I asked looking up at him. 

"Hanalie is always hyper, she never sleeps, and is always looking for a boy to mess with, hoping she'll find her mate. Lucious on the hand is anything but happy to not have a mate, he wants the throne, although since he needs a mate to claim the throne, he's not gonna get it. He is actually quite hateful, he doesn't really like anyone. He tends to stay on his own, Hanalie is the exact opposite, she loves everyone and is always looking for friends. She's quite popular with the royal court, no one can get enough of Hanalie," Damion smiled when he talking about Hanalie, his face furrowed in worry when he spoke of Lucious, I was quite excited to see and meet Hanalie and Lucious, imagining what they're like, a mental picture forming in my head. 

"What about your family?" Damion said looking down at me. 

And the happiness was gone, a frown formed on my face, and I was forced to look away. "What?" he said softly, he brushed a strand of hair out of my eyes. 

"My family was picture perfect. My mom always worked at the hospital late and my dad drank the nights away. My older brother moved out as soon as he could, apologizing for leaving me. When my mom was gone and my brother was too, my dad would get so pissed about absolutely nothing, saying he never wanted me, that my mom was the one who decided to bring me home," I said quietly, ashamed of my past, compared to his bright and happy family.

He tightened his hold on me. "Eternity, you are anything but worthless, I've waited centuries to find you, and I love you, I honestly can't help it. And I swear to god if I ever see your father I will pound his face in with just one word out of your mouth, your mother was strong to support you and your brother without your father's help. Although I want you to know my family isn't perfect either," Damion said softly, soothing me by rubbing the square of his back. 

I looked to him, hoping for an explanation. "I used to have an older brother, Vincent, he was the best brother anyone could ever ask for. Yet when my father and him were speaking about the throne and his heir, there was an attack, and my brother was killed by a rebel to the vampire court. His mate, Elodie, was a wreck after that. She still lives at the castle, she's a huge help to the court, and she's very kind. Yet she changed after Vincent was killed, she was once loud and funny, she could make anyone laugh, she was the best, yet after Vincent was killed, she became quiet, she can still make people smile and laugh, but you know that Vincent is missing from her heart, that she's utterly depressed and hopeless," Damion said with a sad frown.

I leaned into Damion and said, "I'm so sorry."

"Don't be, I'm just afraid if it'll be that way if I ever lose you," Damion said looking at me with passionate eyes. 

I then felt an overdrive take over I held his face in my hands and leaned in close so our noses were touching, I felt as though I needed to comfort him, my mind saying if he's upset the whole damn world is burning. "You are never going to lose me," I said staring at him in the eyes, I could tell he'd never be done grieving his brother. 

Damion leaned in and gave me a soft kiss on the lips. 

"I hope not."