Chapter Four

When I got home I let out a heavy breath. The whole way home I swore I felt as if someone was following me. I threw my duffel bag on my bed, my studio apartment looking as if tumblr had thrown up. Fairy lights scattered about, pictures of me and my friends hung around the room. I cleaned up my apartment and little before changing. I never really cared that I got dressed in front of the window, I know this will sound slutty, but I don't think my body is that bad. I looked in the mirror at my body, and was taken aback. My skin was marble pale, more so than usual, and my veins stuck out, color black. I changed into sweatpants and a shirt quickly, acting as if though I didn't see that. 

Then there was a knock on my door. I went to answer it, still shaken up by what I had seen. The guy from the cafe stood in the doorway, his head up and his eyes confident. I didn't understand why he seemed so god damned familiar, but I swear I've seen him before, maybe he was at Ray's party. "Hey, I know this is going to sound stalker like but I saw you enter the apartment and I've spent the past few minutes deciding whether you wanted to share my McDonald with me," he said rubbing the back of his neck, his McDonald's bag by his side. Although he looked awkward I could tell that he was just acting, I wondered why. 

I didn't know whether or not I was going to regret this, but he didn't seem harmful, and I took fighting classes as a kid, I think I can protect myself. "Sure come on in," I shrugged.

"I'm Damion, and you are?" Damion said with a dazzling smile.

"Eternity," I smiled.

His eyes flashed with an emotion I couldn't place my finger on. "Hey what's that?" I asked pointing to the bag, there was a wet substance that looked as if it were about to start dripping.

He quickly covered it up with napkins from inside. "One of the drinks must have spilled," Damion said looking away.

"Why did you put the drinks in there in the first place," I laughed and rolled my eyes while I went to get more napkins. 

My door knocked again just as I said Damion could sit down and we were getting settled. I got up and opened the door. Jay, Ray, and Kat walked in wearing sunglasses. "I'm so hungover my teeth hurt," Kat snapped accusingly as if it were someone else's fault. 

They all stopped when they saw Damion. "Who's he?" Jay and Ray asked at the same time.

"Guy from work, he's cool, he brought McDonald's," I said going back to the couch. 

My friends followed, getting adjusted to Damion easily. Jay slid next to me and put his arm behind me across the couch, Damion seemed to have anger flashing in his eyes, like his brain was pulsing with it. Jay and Kat laid on the lay out side of my two pieced couch. "Well I ordered pizza, it should be here soon, don't worry I'll pay," Jay yawned, resting his head back. 

"Okay," I said taking a chicken nugget. 

I then grabbed the drink that was leaking a few minutes ago and took a long gulp, finding it surprisingly delicious. I couldn't stop drinking, as if my body wouldn't let me stop. My eyes pulsed with burning fire and the drink was gone long before I wanted it to be. "Damn Eternity, thirsty much?" Ray said staring at me with worry.

"I guess so," I said silently gasping for air.

I then felt the drink pulse back up and I ran to my bathroom. I threw up, blood filling my toilet. I heard someone behind me close the door. I felt a cold and warm hand on the square of my back, comforting me. I gasped as I felt all the blood shift in my body, how was I not dead? I just threw up like a gallon of blood. 

Damion didn't have extreme worry in his eyes like the others would, he seemed to think this was going to happen. I didn't have time in my brain to process his strangeness and I stood up quickly. I pulled up my shirt slightly to see the veins in my stomach throbbing, moving around like tiny bugs were crawling through my veins,

I wanted to throw up.

"What's happening to me?" I whispered, I knew I felt different, did I catch some new deadly disease in the forest that night?

"I'm sure it's nothing," Damion shrugged, an obvious conflict going on in his head.

And then it snapped together. "You were in the forest that night," I whispered.

"What?" Damion said, his eyes snapping up to mine.

"You! You were there! You bit me!" I said my eyes widening, I backed up against the wall, remembering.

His deep black eyes gazing into mine, whispering apologies, calling me love. 

"What did you do to me?"