Chapter Forty-One

Chase drove in silence. I thought this through. I knew I'd end this, I'd ended my apparent human enemies. Kat. She was gone. Jay and Ray, I hadn't spoken to them or Hana since we left. I knew I needed to talk to them. But I had to end this. My very first enemy in my new life, was the blonde who kidnapped those children, and I shoved a stupid stick through his heart, and watched him disintegrate, into absolutely nothing. Next came Roman, who was apparently my potential second mate. Damion wasn't too happy about that fact. And yet I hadn't even taken care of him, another one joined. Lucious. Of course I didn't know how dangerous he could be, but I was scared to find out. Chase looked at me, and I didn't know whether he knew or not, but he looked like he did. I felt the energy grow stronger within me, I usually felt energy or gained energy from other things around me, but today, I felt it grow within me. I was going to kill Roman, and nothing was going to stop me.

Once we reached the compound we were greeted by silence. I was surprised we didn't have a hoard on us right now. We got out of the car and I made my way to the back entrance. We were at an abandoned warehouse, just like before. We crept into the inside and was again greeted by pure nothingness. We moved through the compound quietly and when we finally heard a sound, Chase stopped me. He pulled two sharp stakes out of his belt and handed me one. I took it, it felt raw and dry in my hand, I didn't like it. I held it tightly anyway, even though my heart gave a beat of unsurity. We moved on anyway towards the sound. We then came to a bright light past a corner, and open space that showed an entire conference of vampires. 

They all stared at us, we were all shocked to see each other. Chase and I held the stakes behind our backs, tucking them into our waistlines. "Princess," one of them said, standing, with a creepy smile on his face.

I could almost see a list of plans behind his eyes. "I'm hear to speak with a few people, the whole court knows I'm here, so no funny ideas," I said, looking them all in the eyes. 

I looked over them all, there were at least thirty there, sitting around a big fancy wooden table. No one said anything so I decided to keep going. "First I know there is a Roman somewhere here, and I would like to see him first," I said.

Another stood, he could only be twelve, and he was a vampire. I felt bad for him. "I know where Roman is, I can show you where he is... y-your highness," he said stuttering, obviously afraid.

The other one standing put a hand on his shoulder and squeezed, I heard a crack, like concrete breaking, and I knew it was a warning not to call me that. The younger one whimpered so quietly I almost didn't hear it. "I'd like that, show me," I said. 

The younger one stepped forward and then blurred to my side, Chase blurring forward to my other side just in case. "He's this way," the young one said, shaking, obviously nervous. 

We moved through the compound slowly, the voices behind us never picked up again, and I wondered if they were following us. "Do you know Roman?" the child said.

"Why is it any of your business?" Chase snapped.

"Well, Roman doesn't usually, ya know, speak to people, who doesn't, like, talk to him often," the child stuttered. 

I just nodded and put a hand on Chase's shoulder, he was just a child. Chase nodded, understanding. We then approached a door and the boy  knocked on it. "What?" Roman's voice said, cutting through the steel door. 

"There is a visitor here to see you," the boy said, giving me a nervous look.

"Who?"

"T-the princess," the boy stuttered.

whatever sound was in the room stopped and Roman opened the door. He was shirtless and was in shorts, his hair was ruffed up, but his eyes were on me. "You came," he said quietly.

"I need to speak with you, alone," I said, even though I felt Chase tense up behind me. 

Roman shut the door quickly, said a few things in another language, shuffling, then he opened the door and stepped aside. I stepped in but before I entered I turned around and squatted by the boy. "Thank you," I said to him, gazing in his eyes. 

He nodded, before nervously blurring away. "Wait here," I said to Chase standing.

Chase nodded once before I took a step into Roman's room. The stake in my back waistband felt heavy, and uncomfortable. Roman's room was a mess, and I could easily guess it was his bedroom. He sat on his bed and I knew it was an invitation for me to sit, but I didn't take it. "I'll kiss you," I said.

"Isn't how they'll activate your attraction to me?" Roman asked, his eyes glowing.

"Yes," I said, looking away, pretending to be slightly ashamed and nervous. 

Roman stood, his overly toned body pressed against mine in seconds. He leaned in, and I reached behind me, I pulled out the stake, and just as our lips touched,

I drove the stake threw his heart.