Chapter Forty

Once I told Damion the oh so boring story, I escaped to take a long shower. Once I came out I felt worlds better. I got dressed into some pajamas and went back into the living space. "Okay so Chase, tell us what you know," I said sitting next to Damion, ignoring the other vampires that were gawking at me.

"Jack seemed to have followed Lucious's ordered and went to another side of the state. I haven't spoken to him since he left," Chase sighed, rubbing a hand over his face.

I then noticed I hadn't really known what he'd been through since he helped me. He probably felt like shit. "Go take a shower and relax, you look like you need it," I said throwing Chase my towel.

Chase smiled at me and caught the towel. "Thanks," he said getting up and heading to the bathroom. 

I scooted into Damion's lap and sighed, goddamn was I tired. I mean of course I'm not actually tired, I'm just sick and tired of all this dramatic shit. "Can we go lay down?" I asked in a soft tone, looking up into Damion's black eyes.

"Of course my love," Damion said sweeping me into his arms. 

He carried me to our room and when he laid me down I cuddled into his chest. "I love you," I said, and then realized it was the first time, I think, I'd said it out loud.

"I love you too," he said, his deep eyes boring into mine.

I cuddled into his chest slightly more, and fell fast asleep, in the blink of an eye. 

When I awoke, Damion was not by my side. I got out of bed and walked to the kitchen where Damion and all the other vampires were, drinking blood casually. "Good morning your highness," said a few of the unknown vampires, while Damion greeted me with a speechless, smiling, hug.

"So what's the plan?" I asked taking Damion's drink with a smile.

"We're planning on facing them head on, just barging into their compound and... well... slaying most of them," Damion said with a sigh.

"So we're going to kill all of them? What if some of them were forced to follow Lucious, like either that or be killed? Not all of them are bad, I'm almost positive," I said after a minute, I couldn't say I approved of this.

Damion just sighed again and kissed the top of my head. "But you should also know that... I saw Roman in the compound," I said looking up at Damion.

Damion tensed up, obviously not liking the fact I was close to him. "Well I guess we can saw we're going to kill at least one of them," Damion said, an upset twang to his tone. 

It was then my turn to sigh. "We should probably get everyone ready, we should raid today," Damion said stepping away from me. 

I finished the bottle and threw it in the recycling and headed back to the bedroom. I changed into some tight black spandex leggings, and a black lace up corset, showing the middle of my chest, and slight sides of cleavage. I then slipped on some black and white chuck taylors and headed back out. Chase was then sitting on the couch, I might as well talk to him. I sat next to him and looked him in the eyes. "You're not going with Damion, you're coming with me," I stated.

"I'm sorry Eternity but I have to go with him, there are orders," Chase said looking away.

"Okay then, I command you as the princess of the vampire court that you are dropped from Damion's orders and are coming with me," I said, a power in my voice.

Chase just sighed, he knew he had to listen. I then stood and looked around to see Damion and the other vampires were too busy talking. "We're leaving, now," I said standing.

Chase stood with me and we headed out the door quietly. Once we got downstairs we sneaked out back where no one was looking and I took a rock and set it on the ground while I was on my stomach. I placed a single finger on it and closed my eyes, focusing. When I opened my eyes I knew I was under a Noble M600 that was black. I got out from under the car and Chase was staring happily. "You can consider this yours if you want," I shrugged.

We got in but Chase got in the drivers seat before I could even reach for the door handle. I just laughed and blurred over to the passenger seat. I got in and Chase looked over at me. "Where are we going your highness?" Chase said smiling, knowing I hated being called that. 

I rolled my eyes. "When do you think Damion and his army going to raid their compound?" I asked.

"Probably sometime near the middle of the night, since that's when vampires are at their strongest," Chase said, studying me.

"Then we're going to their compound, now," I said.

"Eternity, I don't think that's a goo-" I cut him off with a look.

"Alright then, to The Falling's compound it is," Chase said, putting the car into gear.

And we were off.