Chapter Thirty-Nine

I don't know how long I stayed in that cell for another man came along, this time he was carrying a blood bag. He tossed it in the cell, I must've been in here for awhile if Lucious thought I was in danger of dying. Could I have been in here for days? I don't think so, but I mean, Damion would have found me by now...right? I didn't touch the blood bag and the guy stayed there. When they didn't leave I looked over at him and gave a short gasp. "Lucious said no one to come close to you since they don't know the powers you've collected. And I heard from Damion awhile back it seemed like you didn't want to get a lot of powers in case you went power crazed. But I can stop time, and right know, that would be very helpful right now. Because stopping time, stops magic as well," Chase said, he didn't look happy and cheerful like all the times I had seen him.

He was dressed in black, a frown ghostly on his lips, and I knew he was on my side. He reached a hand out to me, and without thinking I took it. I felt his energy calmly flow through me, and I wondered whether or not my body was getting used to collecting abilities, or even enjoying it. A shudder went down my spine as his energy spread through my head to my toes. And I noticed a fly had stopped mid flight, dust particles in the light had stopped breathing as though they were a living animal. "Good job," Chase said smiling.

"Why haven't you froze?" I asked, wondering aloud.

"Since I have the same power, it doesn't effect me. It'd be the same way if you tried to use a flamethrower against a flame wielder," Chase said matter of factly.

I just nodded. "How long does this usually last?" I asked, wondering aloud again.

"I've heard that Charlotte's father's ability ran through energy collected. It'll last until your energy runs out," Chase said, and I realized he was smarter than I thought.

Ever since that spell Charlotte and Raven cast, I wondered if it were possible for me to run out of energy once I got it started. I bent the bars slightly, just enough for me to slip through. "Show me the way out," I said, feeling a soft pulsing energy flowing through me like trickling water. 

Chase smiled. "You've changed," he said in a matter of fact tone.

"I have, I'm much more powerful now," I said giving a mischievous smile. 

We then began to blur away, Chase leading me down confusing twists and turns. But when we passed by one room all my energy left me, and I looked over at Chase, it looked like he had too. "Lucious," Chase said.

We looked into the room, it looked as though Lucious and some other guys hadn't heard us, but we were both too worn out to freeze time again. I looked in the room and my heart froze. Roman sat at one of the chairs by Lucious. How the hell did he get mixed up in The Fallings? Had he always been apart of it? "We need to get out of here," I said so quietly to Chase.

Although I had been quiet, they had heard, all their eyes snapped to us and we tried to blur away, but when Lucious got in the hallway our energy began to drain even more so. I then turned to all of the guys in the hallway who were following us. I thought of what I did the first time I touched Lucious. And suddenly I was being filled up like an empty glass once more, energy flowing through my veins. I then felt as though I was overflowing and Chase began to stand higher besides me. Lucious was the only one who didn't fall to his knees, but Chase and I were long gone before we had time to find out why.

Once we had made our way back to the hotel, Damion was there freaking out, yelling at a few vampires. Chase and I walked through the door and I was sure we looked like hell. "Eternity!" Damion yelled running over to me and pulling me into a tight hug. 

Instead of continuing to yell he just looked me in the eyes. "Explain. Now," 

was all I heard.